Senior Technical Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you a technical professional who loves to create compelling content Can you dig deeply into technical details while keeping a focus on high-level value propositions and business benefits Nominum is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Marketing Manager to drive outbound marketing activities while enabling our global sales team.
You will be responsible for marketing Nominum products and services with a focus on technical content creation for all phases of the customer lifecycle--awareness, lead generation, qualification, pitches, proposals, case studies, product adoption and more.
Ideal candidates will have Product Marketing and/or Product Management experience combined with a background in the telecom market. You are creative, analytical and detail-oriented with strong communication, relationship-building and project management skills.
* CONTENT CREATION: Produce clear, compelling, and persuasive technical content for Nominum products to raise market awareness and help sales close deals.
* SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: Partner with the product team to understand technical details, track and contribute to product launches, and distill details into benefit-oriented content.
* MESSAGING AND POSITIONING: Understand competitive landscape and highlight unique Nominum differentiators in content. Devise compelling messaging/positioning and ensure the message is consistent in all aspects of marketing.
* INTERNAL PARTNERSHIPS: Build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business objectives.
* METRICS: Track and analyze the effectiveness of technical marketing tools with an eye toward filling in content gaps, continually improving to meet business objectives.
* Lead technical value positioning and messaging.
* Support new product introduction and go to market process.
* Liaise between Marketing and Product Management to create sales enablement and demand generation tools including:
- Data sheets
- Technical presentations / videos
- Technical visuals: charts, diagrams
- Technical white papers and content training
- Technical campaign content, blogs, emails
- RFP/RPFI technical content
- Technical objection-handling
- Technical thought-leadership (e.g. IoT positioning)
* Serve as key liaison between Marketing and Data Science for thought leadership content:
- White papers, reports
- Technical blogs
- Data visualization projects
* Travel up to 10% for customer and trade show visits as required.
* 7+ years of Product Marketing or Product Management experience, ideally in telecom (other high tech areas will be considered including networking technologies/firewalls/security).
* Excellent messaging, writing and oral communication skills; the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and simply.
* Portfolio of work samples that demonstrate persuasive content creation for all aspects of the customer journey.
* Proven ability to generate fresh ideas and creative content based on market data and customer insights.
* Self-starter who digs in quickly, intellectually curious to understand technology and market trends.
* Strong visual skills to develop diagrams, infographics, data visualizations, etc.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Deadline-driven, ability to work in fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects.
* Excellent interpersonal and project management skills.
* Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree.