Senior Technical PM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Technical PM
Overview: The Project Technical Lead is a high-level "technology generalist" who provides guidance and advice to the project team as the primary liaison between business units, internal applications development organizations, and 3rd party vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Execution leadership for the technical project activities, responsible for coordinating activities across internal IT teams.
* Communicates status of project technical deliverables to project manager, and project team * Lead the creation of technical project plan and budget estimates
* Maintain technical project plan to ensure deadlines are met
* Determine IT resource needs * Responsible for issue resolution and escalation within technical teams, including IT cross-project specialists in charge of Hardware and Network platforms
* Facilitates sessions with leads and teams to gather information and identify solutions for technology issues, ensuring proposed solution meets functional needs
* Conduct regularly scheduled status meetings with IT partners
* Ensure timely, high quality work products and deliverables
* Review metrics to manage actual effort against estimates in the plan to keep the project on schedule and within budget and scope
* Ensure project compliance to corporate standards and IT policies
* Work with customer management to facilitate communication between IT and business units, including open issues, project prioritization, resolutions, project requests, functional support, and resource allocation.
* Facilitate, coordinate, and support the project by drawing upon specialist areas of expertise such as applications development, web development, systems architecture, quality assurance, etc. Solicit input from all appropriate parties to ensure technical solutions are consistent with AMPT direction.
* Measure, track, and report on development efforts across the division to facilitate adherence to acceptable development methodology and support of stated project, department, and division objectives. Assist management with the synchronization of project plans and deliverables as requested
* Collaborate with project teams to evaluate new database needs. Review the proposed logical and physical database models, consult with the Data Architect as appropriate, and participate in creation of the final database structure as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
* 7-10+ years as the Product Manager or lead Business Analyst on software projects, including responsibility for Project Management and Business Consultant tasks. International trafficking application experience preferred.
* BachelorDegree CIS, MIS, BBA or equivalent
* Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to think differently, challenge conventional wisdom and drive new best practices
* Demonstrated proactive customer service skills
* Demonstrated ability to provide work direction and leadership to other team members
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Advanced communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and mentor/direct others.
* Demonstrated teamwork skills.