Senior Technical Producer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
Responsible for the management, performance, and completion of larger scale single or multiple smaller scale projects involving extensive software engineering, simulation engineering, and instructional system design development, assuring projects are completed within budget, schedule, and contract requirements, as well as achieving growth of the base contract. Responsible for mentoring and developing junior production staff and direct reports. Recommends strategic improvements to the relevant directors, such as cross-alignment of projects, ways to address wider market opportunities, or improvements to corporate business processes, and then work to implement these into the development process. This position typically works under little general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority. Responsible for building a technical production department in both technical processes and hiring of key personnel.
* Hiring of Technical Producers and other production functions.
* Setting Production department processes and metrics.
* Manages & directs projects involving extensive software engineering, simulation engineering, art, content development
* Acts as the technical primary contact for the customer
* Manages, oversees, monitors and approves all elements of assigned projects from inception to completion, including proposal development, product design, procurement, subcontracting, manufacturing, testing, delivery, installation and acceptance of products
* Reviews and approves technical approach, feasibility and cost estimates for projects
* Develops and manages the product requirements for a training system
* Perform analyses and trade studies as necessary to aid in the selection of product concepts
* Plans and directs the integration of project team members representing various functional areas within the company
* Direct a project team to define and document the system architecture and design for a training system
* Perform hardware/software integration planning and oversee activities
* Perform product level test planning and oversee test implementation
* Conducts project coordination meetings and presents projects to senior management
* Plan and manage resource availability for projects such as engineering, manpower, production, computer support or installation facilities
* Participates in the marketing of new technology, developing potential new business and obtaining follow-on business in conjunction with marketing personnel
* Monitor, mentor, and train less experienced technical producers
* Interface with both internal and external technical and management representatives
* Works with team(s) to identify, manage risks and create contingency plans
* Manages project(s) with an eye toward linking to higher level company business strategy
* Perform Technical Producer activities for proposal efforts
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor s degree in a related degree, plus five years project management experience in video games, software, or other comparable high tech development environment. Experience as a Sr. Technical Producer or Project Manager on at least one full software life-cycle. Must have shipped at least five projects or products in a Producer, Project Manager, or higher role. Must have proven track record of scheduling with MS Project, JIRA, or similar task tracking software. Must have proven ability to adapt work methodologies to conform to current company processes, while pro-actively working to identify and implement positive improvements. Must have expert level presentation and communication skills including being able to present to all levels of employee, including upper management. Must have proven ability to form strategic partnerships with key company leaders/stakeholders to influence and drive process in beneficial directions. Must have proven ability to quickly identify project risks and determine mitigations and contingencies. Must have proven ability to motivate teams to produce desired results under difficult schedules and budget constraints. Must have demonstrable leadership skills. Must be versatile and display a readiness to tackle new challenges. Must have superior skills in reading people. Must have the ability to understand the intent without getting lost in distracting details. Must have experience communicating and controlling the distribution of sensitive information between various groups on different levels of need to know. Must have ability to contribute knowledge about external software production practice changes and industry advancements. Must be knowledgeable in at least one technical discipline and display a desire to stay current with forward looking trends in that field. Prior hands-on engineering background to understand and scrutinize tasking and goals for engineers strongly preferred. Knowledgeable in Agile methodologies and processes. Scrum master certification, PMP certifications, and experience with DOORS strongly preferred. Must be able to gain a Security Clearance.