Senior Technical Project Manager - Rancho Cordova, CA - Contractor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
SGS North America
Rancho Cordova, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services.
Reporting to the California Program Manager, this key leadership role is responsible for managing and coordinating the resources and processes required to produce deliverables and meet milestones for a high-profile IT infrastructure upgrade project by SGS Testcom on behalf of the State of California s Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR).
California Program Manager
* Work together with the Functional Management team and IT Operations Staff to plan and execute the Project.
* Ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and the resources required to deliver products and meet predefined milestones on-time and under budget per the Project schedule.
* Track and report the status of the Project working closely with the Functional Management team including the Program Management office, IT Operations Manager, and California Program Manager acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate IT Operations Staff while ensuring that Project scope is adequately focused and defined.
* Demonstrate leadership abilities to our commercial and government clients with the deployment of hardware, software, and ongoing maintenance that are coordinated based on defined schedules. Will be held accountable for delivering projects on time, every time .
* For the Project, leads the analysis of complex data using a variety of IT tools, and prepares reports on system performance, availability and other statistics for consumption by the Program Management office.
* For the Project, ensures that systems are sufficiently monitored using specialized hardware and software to ensure maximum efficiency, early detection of pending issues, and to minimum outages. Coordinates the timely resolution of performance issues or outage conditions.
* Coordinates personnel resource availability and conflicts regarding priorities for the IT Operations team with the existing IT Operations Manager who is responsible for the rotational on-call schedules and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) duties of the IT Operations Staff.
* Assists the IT Operations Manager responsible for managing the IT Operations Staff in a daily personnel and quarterly performance evaluation capacity as needed.
* Oversees and participates in the creation of new System Documentation and improvement of the existing System Documentation as it pertains to the Project.
* In coordination with the IT Operations Manager, manages the schedule and installation, configuration, operation, backup, recovery and general maintenance of the Project s new servers, storage subsystems, workstations and related infrastructure for the company.
* Owns sections of the content of all IT related plans, including the IT portions of the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans as the Project s design and implementation will require adjustments to the existing plans.
* Serve as the technical project manager from an IT and management perspective in client meetings regarding the Project.
* Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development as it pertains to work performed on the Project.
* Review financial, billing and contractual documents, and other performance or monetary data to measure productivity and goal achievement for the Project and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
* Assist with the management, negotiation and acquisition of support contracts related to IT assets of the company as it pertains to the Project.
* Coordinate with the IT Operations Manager and Project Management office to manage IT Operations Staff assigned to the Project including oversight of tasks assigned per the Project schedule.
* Coordinate with the IT Operations Manager to provide feedback regarding evaluating employees job performance and work behavior and discuss problems with employees to identify causes and issues and work in concert with the IT Operations Manager to resolve problems within the guidelines provided by Human Resources.
* Coordinate with the IT Operations Manager to train and instruct employees in job duties and company policies or arrange for training to be provided as well as continuously endeavor to learn and improve upon IT related skills via self study, self discovery and/or company sponsored training.
* Coordinate with the IT Operations Manager to enforce safety, health, and security rules on behalf of the company.
* Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a field relevant to managing people and projects;
* Minimum eight years experience in project management, risk management and working in large and complex programs;
* Experience managing technical projects and teams, utilizing industry standard process methodologies;
* Experience working with Executive Management Teams;
* Excellent written and verbal communication;
* Demonstrated background assisting companies using continuous improvement techniques;
* Experience interacting with the customer at the management level.
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
* Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Project Management Certification (e.g. PMI Project Management Professional)
* Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
* Proficient level ability using general office tools including but not limited to Microsoft Windows based workstations, Microsoft Office suite of applications including Microsoft Project, and general Web based software tools
* Project management experience desired.
* Ability to excel in idea generation, evaluation, and prioritization, customer and partner engagement, cross-functional technical program management and building/developing great teams.
* Experience managing personnel solving complex and large-scare hardware/software problems.
* A record of successful delivery of solutions that meet business needs as an individual, team leader and/or IT Manager.
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment and make timely decisions.
* Proficient knowledge of security topics as they relate to IT systems.
* An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills.
* Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
* Excellent written and oral communication.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
* Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Responds appropriately to emergency situations