Senior Technical Recruiter
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
Our Sr. Technical Recruiter is responsible for working closely with our IT Division to identify and drive talent acquisition strategies to attract top talent for the IT group. Using a variety of sourcing techniques to search for, screen, and identify candidates for managers, the Sr. Technical Recruiter is responsible for filling open positions with quality candidates while partnering with our Human Resources team to align talent acquisition strategies with overall human resources strategies.
* Works with hiring managers and HR to fill open requisitions for a wide range of non-exempt, professional, management, and executive positions. Positions may be difficult to recruit for or of a sensitive nature.
* Develops strategies with and guides hiring managers and HR to determine department need and complete position description. Identifies development needs, coaches and supports development of hiring manager in interview, recruitment, and employment system processes.
* Works with manager, develops talent acquisition strategy, including determining best avenue for talent acquisition (e.g., advertising, direct contact, employee referrals, research organizations, employment agencies, job fairs, and college recruiting). Ensures strategy ties in with business unit objectives (i.e. diversity initiatives) through close interaction with HR.
* Keeps abreast of industry talent acquisition practices and incorporate best practices into Company processes. Reviews external workforce factors and market trends in order to effectively change talent acquisition strategies to quickly respond to market demands.
* Manages and participates in requisition flow and applicant screening process providing guidance to management. Summarizes results of screening and makes recommendations to hiring managers on candidates.
* Oversees and manages external search firms and employment agencies. Tracks success rate.
* Provides management and HR with up-to-date recruiting status activity on regular basis. Recommends alternative solutions to difficult to fill positions.
* Corresponds with applicant during entire recruiting process to ensure candidate s experience satisfies hiring managers/department s needs and standards.
* Provides offer recommendations and drives the offer negotiation process reviewing multiple factors: market pressures, internal equity, business need.
* Reviews, recommends and revises processes to improve hiring manager satisfaction while ensuring legal compliance.
* Develops talent acquisition programs that align with business needs. Provides guidance to all levels of management to ensure compliance with all talent acquisition programs.
* Participates in job fairs and college recruiting events: coordinates events, collects and sets up materials, researches and recommends give-aways, and interacts with candidates. May create marketing materials and recommend direction of advertisements.
* Provides work leadership to less experience team members. Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities and staff involved in the development of policies and programs, implementation, and srategic direction of talent acquisition programs.
* Works under limited direction.
* Mentors less experienced team members and provides guidance and direction.
* Actively contributes to the results of a team, setting team goals and objectives.
* Sets objectives for project goals.
* Counsels and persuades management on hiring process on legal compliance, best practices and candidate selections.
* Negotiates with candidates for offer packages.
* Regularly interacts with employees and all levels of management.
* 5+ years of related work experience, especially recruiting for software engineers, DBA s, Infrastructure Engineers and Information Security Engineers, ERP Engineers, IT Project Mgrs and BSA s.
* Experience recruiting for experts in Microsoft and Oracle technologies.
* Experience working with company sponsored Visa s
* Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, HRIS/AT systems and web based applications
* BA/BS or equivalent work experience
* Strong investigative/research skills for sourcing candidates and learning about jobs and technologies for assigned client group, responsible for hard to fill positions
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Organizational and follow up skills
* Negotiation skills
* Public relations skills to represent the Company at job fairs, colleges, recruiting meetings/events, to candidates, and to all levels of the organization
* Knowledge and demonstration of talent acquisition best practices