Senior Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
ERT is the leading cloud platform solutions provider that captures quality efficacy and safety endpoints, harmonizes data from any clinical source system, and delivers real-time insights for optimum trial performance innovating better health for over 40 years and tomorrow. ERT s combination of technology, services, and consulting increases the accuracy and reliability of patient data and improves the efficiency of the clinical development process throughout the product lifecycle. ERT provides sponsors and CROs with the most widely deployed solutions in centralized Cardiac Safety, Respiratory, Suicide Risk Assessment, and Clinical Outcome Assessments (COAs including patient, clinician, and observer reported outcomes). ERT is a global organization with headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and offices throughout the U.S., U.K., Japan, and Germany.
ERT is hiring a Tier 2/Tier 3 hybrid Technical Support role that is responsible for performing detailed analysis and investigation into incidents for device (phone and tablet) and web applications that are deployed globally for clinical research data acquisition and data management. The analysis may require debugging the code base and proposing a code fix to resolve the incident. The Senior Technical Support Engineer may also be responsible for the monitoring and triaging of incidents escalated to the ERT Advanced Technical Support team. In addition, the role is responsible for liaising with the various development and engineering groups within ERT to ensure proper resolution to customer issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide advanced technical support for ERT's product suite to primarily internal users (e.g. Tier 1, Release Engineering, Study Teams, etc).
* Liaison directly with the Product Engineering teams to drive issues to resolution when there is an identified core product issue.
* Monitor, track and escalate the resolution of product defects.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair handheld devices, tablets, eSense devices, and related peripherals used by the ERT product suite.
* Conduct deep, detailed investigations to identify points of failure in the ERT product line. This may require setting up a development environment and running code in a debugger.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract
Qualifications and Skills Needed;
* 4+ years supporting or developing enterprise software applications.
* Strong customer focus and excellent communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and balance conflicting priorities.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience, especially customers and application users.
* Read, write, and debug advanced SQL queries for relational databases.
* Ability to lead meetings and influence decisions.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* 3+ years with Java development experience.
* Experience developing or supporting applications on hand-held devices.
* Experience in the life sciences pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
* Ability to provide peer mentoring and guidance on java and web technologies.
* Experience using or supporting applications on Linux.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.