Senior Technical Writer and Agile
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Alpha Solutions Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe successful candidate must possess a talent for concise, audience-targeted writing and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment across multiple high performing teams. The candidate must be able to synthesize complex information and convey the information in a clear and effective manner while meeting product releasedeadlines. The candidate is expected to have previous experience writing technical content for a variety of end-deliverables, including: release notes, user guides, on-line help and PowerPoint presentations. The candidate will be familiar with content authoring standards, producing graphically driven content, and creating step-by-step instructions.
* Formulate complex concepts into precise and coherent documentation
* Provide clear and concise product content by working collaboratively with a cross-functional team of product owners, developers, UX/UI designers, quality analysts, implementation specialists, trainers, and support representatives
* Develop content in accordance with company standards and goals for content development and management
* Maintain content and be responsible for the documentation needs associated to a specific functional area
* Develop content into target audience deliverables based on requirements
* Work with SMEs and team members to determine the scope, topics and requirements for content development projects
* Ability to plan, research, develop, author, test and produce functional step-by-step and graphical instructional content for the target audience
* Define content development needs and assimilate into product workflow
* Proven track record of at least five years' experience in designing and developing documentation, on-line help, release notes, and content support materials
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently, while collaborating with members of a high-performing team
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage competing priorities in order to meet project goals and deadlines
* Work with SMEs to identify instructional needs and understand gaps associated with content and address accordingly in the documentation sets
* An interest to learn and work with new technologies and ideas
* Proven experience using MS Word, Robo-Help or similar conventional content authoring tools
* Strong personal initiative and motivation