This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Auto Req ID
We are currently seeking a Senior Technician to join our team in Cambridge, MA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, if not all, of the following tasks / duties:
* Applicant must have working knowledge and firm grasp of building automation logic with the ability to read/program code, identify functional problems with pressures / temperatures, valves and actuators and repair / install new equipment on an as-needed basis.
* This position requires a high level of technical expertise working on a variety of HVAC automation systems supplied by multiple manufacturers (Siemens, Phoenix, ALC, etc.).
* The individual in this role must be available for on-call work.
* Off-hours shifts, evening, night and weekend work as required.
* The position may be called upon to perform other general maintenance and support duties on an as-needed basis.
* This position will have responsibilities in multiple buildings across the Cambridge campus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintenance and Operations
* Oversees operation, repair and P.M. of building automation controls and valves directly relating to HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing systems; determines frequency of repair and / or P.M. systems.
* Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building and critical support systems and components.
* Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
* Monitors operation and maintains heating and cooling valves, HVAC VAV controls, refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
* Work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed with minimal impact to the end users.
* Monitors operation of buildings electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility s critical operations.
* This position requires the ability to analyze the operation of the various systems, determine the cause of any problem / malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
* Confers / communicates with work order requestors.
* Coordinates with client representatives to understand their needs and ensure the work scheduled takes into account the operational windows for repair.
* Ensure that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Track completion rate and outstanding work orders.
* Drive team efficiency and provide oversight and support as needed.
* Prioritize all PM s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily). Schedule and assign work to individuals with the assistance of the work order clerk and scheduler / planner.
* Interface with projects to ensure the right resources from the Operations Team are consulted and informed. Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: iNsuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warranty obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers / contractors.
Safety / EHS Compliance
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise. Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Complete all assigned JLL and Client required training and complies to the established training standards at all times.
* Has safety training such as NFPA 70e and OSHA10.
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
* Reviews and submit all purchase requisitions completed for the facility.
* Assures all Goods Receipting is performed in a timely manner.
* Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions. Performs additional duties as requested.
* Education: Minimum of a high school diploma. Holds a trade license (Electrical, Refrigeration, etc). Multi-discipline individuals preferred.
* Experience: Three to five or more years of experience in bio medical facility with extensive controls experience. Knowledge of Siemens Apogee, Andover, Automated Logic and Phoenix hardware and controls preferred.
* Special knowledge and skills: Exposure to HVAC, piping/plumbing systems, mechanical systems, and low voltage electrical systems operation.
* Conflict resolution skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Personal characteristics: Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports. Leads by example. Manages competing priorities well. Ability to analyze and make decisions based on broad range of data.
* Customer / Consumer Interface: ability to effectively deal with customer / consumer complaints.
* Must be proficient in and have a knowledge of basic computer software such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), DataStream, etc.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website. Please reference Job 35342BR.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader,