Senior Technician Wastewater
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Philip Morris USA's role is to responsibly and effectively develop, manufacture and market superior branded cigarettes and smokeless products for adult tobacco consumers. We are currently seeking a highly qualified Senior Wastewater Technician to join our Wastewater Operations department in Chester, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all operational aspects of process control of the water and wastewater treatment facilities including the assurance that all permit requirements are in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Providing operational support for a continuous 24 hour / 7 day operation to supply appropriate incoming water, ensure proper disposal of site waste, discharge of permit compliant wastewater and operation of the Natural Treatment System
* Monitoring water flows from production to the power house and making required process control changes to provide optimum operation of the wastewater treatment facility, ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and company policy
* Ensuring efficient operation of the solid waste system by optimizing the sludge press operation to provide desirable bio-solids for composting
* Collecting samples, perform chemical and physical analysis and interpret data for operational control
* Supporting Environment Management System activities to ensure E4 status is maintained
* Ensuring the proper operation of all equipment associated with both the water and wastewater treatment facilities, through monitoring outputs, writing work notifications, and the accurate documentation of records
* Complying with the Storm Water Permit by monitoring rain events and collecting required quarterly samples
* High School Diploma or Trade School equivalent is required. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a field of science is desirable
* Possess at a minimum a State of Virginia Class 3 Wastewater Operators License
* Demonstrates proficiency in the operation of dissolved oxygen meters, pH meters and chlorine analyzers
* Strong troubleshooting skills in the areas of pumps, valves and various wastewater treatment equipment
* Ability to make clear, concise, and accurate date entries on worksheets and logbooks to meet state and quality system requirements
* Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel with the ability to learn the Delta V Control System
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and comfortable working in a hazardous chemical environment
At Philip Morris USA, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.