Senior Technology Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The primary role of the Sr. Technology Specialist is the successful implementation of BIM (Building Information Modeling),VDC (Virtual Design and Construction) and technology related processes on construction projects. Primary responsibilities include development of models for internal use, coordination of models, and suport for technology integration in operations. The Sr. Technology Specialist serves as an integral team member to Balfour Beatty's Operations, Marketing, Preconstruction, Business Acquisition and Integrated Projects (IP)departments. The Sr. Technology Specialist ensures project success by leveraging technology to execute processes and may serve as a technology liaison between the Balfour Beatty Construction project teams, the client, designers (architectural and engineering firms) and subcontractors. In addition to software and technical skills, the Senior Technology Specialist should exhibit self-motivation and good problem solving skills.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / MARKETING * DEVELOP AND GATHER IMAGES, VIDEOS AND OTHER BIM CONTENT FOR USE IN PROPOSALS, TRAINING, ETC.
* Attend technology/BIM related Industry functions in a relationship building capacity
* Assist in the development of Training for Industry organizations and clients
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
* Assists the Development of the BIM implementation Plan/BIM Executio plan on new projects
* Assists the execution of Balfour Beatty's role in preconstruction workflows
* Assist the preconstruction team in using BIM tools for analyzing and using BIM models
* Assist the project team to execute the BIM Implementation Plan/BIM Execution Plan
* Assist development of the BIM schedule; help incorporate into project CPM schedule
* Leads Clash Detection sessions and BIM related meetings as necessary.
* Mentors, teaches and assists the project based BIM integrator on the use of BIM Applications
* Develops processes and SOP for using new technology
* Build models or further develops existing models to be used for specific BIM processes at all project phases
* Assist project teams by modeling as needed
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image. Culture Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends classroom training programs and assists in the development of interns / co-ops.
* Balfour Beatty Band/Position Division
* Customer Focus
* Ethics and Values
* Functional and Technical Skills
* Integrity and Trust
* Learning on the Fly
* Peer Relationships
* Problem Solving
* Self Development
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Time Management
* Written Communications
* Priority Setting
* Technical Learning
* Process Management
* Interpersonal Savvy * For key definitions, refer to the Profile for Success
* B.S. in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience as a Project Engineer, Estimator or Designer with Associate in Drafting and Design. Should have experience with BIM/technology programs from a project.
* Proficient in modeling with Revit is necessary. Experience in modeling in Tekla, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Sketch-up or other modeling software is a plus. Expereince with coordination of trades using Navisworks and/or BIM 360 Glue a plus. Experience utilizing BIM 360 Field on projects a plus.
* Requires well-rounded basic knowledge and experience of the design and construction processes prior to holding this position. Familiar with team based delivery, contracting and the design-build process.
* Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements and meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are requirements of this position.
* Demonstrates proficiency using the basics functions of a personal computer (email, internet, Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, etc).
* The Sr. Technology Specialist working in Technology & Process Development will be located in the Atlanta office. Performance of this job may require periodic meetings at off-site locations and jobsites.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now