Sr. Telecom Analyst (Contact Center)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Mount Laurel, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The role of the Senior Analyst of Telecommunications is responsible for management, installation, maintenance, and quality of telecoms systems and associated voice circuits, devices, and supplemental equipment. The Senior Analyst works with cross-functional areas of the IT department, management, and vendors to implement solutions and to identify requirements and functional needs of the call center for the routing, prioritizing, escalation, and reporting of calls. This role is a member of the Unified Communications Team within IT Operations Services, and reports directly to the Manager of Telecommunications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Analyst of Telecommunications is involved in the following areas of PHH s IT Operating Model:
* Deliver IT Services
o Delivery Management
Participates in the delivery of communications services and solutions, including operations documentation, integration, service catalog management, incident management, problem management, event management, service improvement, service measurement, and service reporting
Participates in voice services including conferencing solutions, engineering, IMACs, technology strategy, transport services, voice services.
o Capacity Management (Systems)
Participates in managing the voice platform capacity, telephony, reporting, forecasting and change management integration.
* Strategy & Planning
o Plan the telecommunications strategies for the company contact centers to ensure that efficient and effective customer interaction is achieved.
o Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults in BCP call routing requirements.
o Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and training plans for telecommunication system s appropriate use.
o Remain current on new products, services, protocols, and standards in support of telecom systems development and equipment procurement.
* Acquisition & Deployment
o Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future contact center technology needs.
o Where necessary, liaise with equipment vendors during installations, acquisition negotiations, and contact center application performance issues.
o Assist with the installation and troubleshooting of telecom systems.
* Operational Management
o Design and support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail and interactive voice response
o Configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user telecommunications, telephony, and voice software products
o Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of telecommunications problems for end users; recommend and implement corrective solutions
o Modify and/or rearrange telecommunications systems to accommodate additional services or changes.
o Translates strategies into current and future action plans
o Determines, evaluates and modifies plans to meet both current and future needs
o Addresses business issues which are beyond immediate needs
o Handles work situations which deal regularly with future business issues
o Executes controls in accordance with the PHH IT Control Framework
o Manage vendors in accordance with the Corporate and IT vendor management program requirements
o Partners with customers and analyzes issues and problems from the customer perspective
o Manages complex internal/external customer relationships for long-term value
o Keeps abreast of new technology and market developments
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
o Bachelor s Degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Preferred Majors: Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a closely related field
o Experience supporting Avaya multi-site platforms with complex, Contact Center environment of 1000+ Agents
o Senior level experience in Telecommunication / Call Center design
o Experience in the Financial Services Industry and Mortgage Business
o Experience with IT industry standards including COBIT, ITIL, FFIEC, NIST and ISO 27001
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* In-depth knowledge of telecommunications contact center systems
* Ability to take ownership of issues and work them through to resolution
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under pressure in a fast paced, demanding environment, manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments
* Ability to manage, track, prioritize, resolve, and communicate on multiple customer requests
* Ability to read and interpret technical documents and procedure manuals
* Ability to conduct research into telecommunications issues and products
* Highly self-motivated and directed
* Strong hands-on knowledge of the configuration and optimization of telecommunications equipment, and voice equipment
* Working technical knowledge of current telecommunications practices, protocols, and principles in call center environments
* Technical understanding with ability to communicate technical impact, technical solutions, root cause and corrective actions into business concepts or layman s terms
* Demonstrated project management skills and ability to create and manage others executing a project plan
* Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) with strong presentation and facilitation skills at all levels in the organization (from individual contributor to executive level)
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
o Avaya certifications
* Intellectually curious
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Flexible and adaptive
* Behaves as a leadership role model
* Builds strong working relationships
* Drives and delivers exceptional results
* Builds and motivates a high performing team
* Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
o Experience in an Avaya technology based contact center with:
PBX, Call Center Reporting, IVR, Voice Mail, IP/OneX Agent and CTI applications
Advanced call center routing technologies such as Advocate and BSR
o Scripting and administration of contact center related technology (ACD, IVR, CTI, Dialer, Work Force Management, Reporting and Call Recording)
o Design and scripting of complex contact routing/queuing
o Experience working on large-scale, business critical systems.
o Experience and knowledge with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
* Office based position, no physical requirements
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* Minimal amount of travel required
* Standard 40 hour week, Monday to Friday.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status