Senior Telecommunications Analyst 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Senior Telecommunications Analyst
Job Number: 2016-8983
* Migration of voice telecommunications circuits to SIP trunking.
* Integration of Avaya Aura communication platform with Microsoft Skype/Outlook/Exchange and Cisco video conferencing.
* Addition of new office space in the DC metro campus.
* In addition to working on the above projects the candidate would provide the following technical and operational support services:
* Implement new (or upgrade existing) systems and software.
* Perform system patching and firmware updates
* Assist with telephony circuit installation, moves and problem resolution
* Provide Avaya systems programming services as needed
* Provide unified communications engineer services as needed
* Respond to requests, resolve issues and process change orders through the IT Service Desk.
* Perform telephone moves/Additions/Changes/Deletions.
* Perform daily maintenance activities of the Board's PBX, Voicemail and Audio conference systems (i.e. identify, troubleshoot and resolve alarms and errors within the Avaya systems and sub-systems)
* Make recommendations for improvement of systems and procedures to the Manager of Voice Communications, and Work with other Voice and IT Infrastructure staff to implement the recommendations.
* Perform occasional after hours patching and firmware support, and occasional system wide problem resolution after hours as needed.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer science or related discipline is preferred
* Clearance: None
* U.S. Citizen
* The candidate must be proficient in the above listed technologies (preferably 7+ years of experience) and must have experience integrating an Avaya Aura communication platform with Microsoft Skype/Outlook/Exchange.
* The candidate must be knowledgeable implementing SIP trunking in an Avaya Aura Communications platform.
* The candidate must also be highly knowledgeable and have demonstrated experience in voice communications to include the following specific technologies: Avaya Aura Communications Manager, Avaya Aura Messaging, Avaya Aura System Manager, Avaya Aura Session Manager Avaya Aura Conferencing, Calero Verismart (CDR)
* The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* The candidate must be able to use Microsoft Office Products and be proficient with the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
* The Candidate must be able to demonstrate experience in the installation, testing, repair, and maintenance of voice and data cabling systems and equipment.
* Candidates must have basic understanding of data networking.
* Experience with Avaya Meeting Exchange, Avaya Application Enablement Services, Call Copy Call Recording, Experience with SNMP Management tools such as Solarwinds, Whats-Up Gold, Prognosis, Path Solutions, or similar software.
* Experience writing Vectors and setting up VDNs.
* Experience setting up Call Center Agents and Split/Skills
* Experience with ARS and AAR route patterns and Dial Plans.
* Experience with implementing LDAP integration and AD Authentication.
* Experience creating and maintaining both high level and detailed diagrams of the Voice and Data network, circuit connectivity, and overall system architecture using MS Visio.
* Experience Managing Small to medium projects in an enterprise environment to include project plans, documentation, conducting meetings, providing end user training, and hands on installation.
Essential Requirements - Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees including Health/Dental/Vision/PTO and more. ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
US Citizenship is required.