Senior Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Test EngineerDescription:
Senior Test Engineer
- Serves as a Senior Test Engineer for the program
- Conduct application security and functionaltesting from user provisioning and access federation point of view
- Plan, execute and report on all test activities
- Apply subject matter expertise to identify andtest techniques to automate role based access requested, improve provisioning,authorizations and authentication with the project
- Advises supervisor, the Senior Test Manager, ofunique test requirements and complex test programs
- Provides guidance to program personnel on testprocedure development, test conduct and report generation
- Directs and performs complex test operations tomeet program requirements
- May interact directly with the Governmentdesignated Test Manager and manages the activities of assigned test engineersin support of program goals
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs the following activities in support of thetesting function:
- Participates in other program working groups andIPTs to ensure testing requirements are addressed as needed
- Recognize software defects/anomalies/failuresand generate test results for later analysis and correction
- Have a good understanding of systemadministration skills, including hardware, OS, network, software installation,security hardening and system troubleshooting
- Able to execute testing on custom developedsoftware applications and customized/integrated COTS/GOTS application
- Develops test scenarios and test scripts
- Experience with User Provisioning, Onboarding,Authentication, Enterprise Sing-Sign On, Directory Services and Federation.
- Provides support to security and developappropriate audit controls and procedures and procedures to ensure theintegrity of applications.
- Interprets requirements, performs highly complexanalyses and presents options and presents options and recommendations toobtain desired results
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple,dynamic priorities
- Effective communication skills and demonstratedexperience working in a team-oriented environment
- Traces requirements to test cases to ensurecoverage for full system integration test
- Ensures that functional and technicalrequirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performancetesting, system interface testing, and security testing activities
- Develops a framework for automated testing usingHP Quality Center/HP ALM
- Performs functional administration,configuration, and utilization of testing tools
- Collects, tracks and reports test metrics andbriefs leadership on test status
- Develops and maintains the RequirementsTraceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) with imbedded Testability Matrix thatmaps test methods and events, test scripts, scenarios, and test results to theapplicable requirement, to include test-related artifact changes
- Plans, prepares, manages and reports progress onthe System Development Test (STD) activities and deliverables pertaining toProduct Level Test (PLT) and Developer's Integration Test (DIT)
- Updates and maintains the Testing Strategyportion of the Provisioning Plan
- Reviews and approves prepared proposals fortesting programs, outlines specific testing conditions, develops operatingprocedures, and participates in Government readiness reviews, entrance/exitreviews, and Program Control Board activities
- Identifies creative methods to reduce test time,without reducing test coverage, on subsequent product generations
- Reviews and evaluates complex testspecifications, test results, test trends and implements corrective action asneeded
- Reviews and approves prepared detailed technicalreports of findings and makes recommendations for needed modifications tocorrect problems
- Oversees actual tests and analyzes validity ofresults
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science orInformation Systems or other technically relevant degree
- 6+ years of PeopleSoft experience with at leastof 4 years of experience with PeopleSoft Application Security
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Security Administrationin a PeopleSoft 9.1 or above environment to include People Tools, Role grantfunctions, Workflow, PeopleSoft Security configurations, Query Security, UserPreferences, Row Level Security, Component Security, etc.
- Experience with integration of PeopleSoft andLDAP and other third party products including Single Sign On.
- Broad-based knowledge of Security controls,Information Technology, Compliance, and HRIS applications
- Possesses extensive knowledge of applicationmodeling principles, concepts and techniques
- Ability to attain active Secret clearance
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft versions 9.1/9.2 HCM
- Minimum of 5 years providing InformationAssurance (IA) or Information Technology (IT) testing support
- Ability to develop and run PeopleSoft queries
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managingsystem testing activities
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience withPerformance Testing (.i.e. HP Load Runner)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience of Security Test& Evaluation
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- Familiar with DoD 8570 documentation
- Experience with evaluation and compliance ofSponsor IT systems for the assessment of vulnerabilities and providingappropriate security countermeasures to ensure implemented securityarchitectures comply with enterprise-level security architecture standards
- Experience in developing test automationframeworks using tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Knowledge of IBM InfoSphere DataStage orAbinitio
- Knowledge of enterprise-level applications,including ERP, EDI, CRM, data warehouses, etc.
- Experience in testing in an agile developmentenvironment is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with Government RiskCompliance (GRC) Suite, and SQL for testing desired
- Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF)packages
- Experience with Test Management and AutomatedTest Execution tools such as HP Quality Center and the HP ApplicationLife-Cycle Management Suite (Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing,Performance Center/Load Runner)
- Experience with defect tracking tools
- Experience with automated regression testscripts
- Experience in testing software for federalgovernment
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concisemanner
- Has experience with 508 Compliance Testing,Disaster Recovery, and Security Testing
- Experience testing High assurance systems amajor plus.
- Information Assurance Training (IAT) Levelcertified
TSymmetry, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Clearance Requirement:Location:Arlington, VA, Virginia, United StatesIndustry:Skills: