- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior 7705 Test Engineer
NOKIA IS A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE TECHNOLOGIES THAT CONNECT PEOPLE AND THINGS. WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES FOR ANY TYPE OF NETWORK, NOKIA IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED TO HELP COMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDERS, GOVERNMENTS, AND LARGE ENTERPRISES DELIVER ON THE PROMISE OF 5G, THE CLOUD AND THE INTERNET OF THINGS. SERVING CUSTOMERS IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES, OUR RESEARCH SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS CONTINUE TO INVENT AND ACCELERATE NEW TECHNOLOGIES THAT WILL INCREASINGLY TRANSFORM THE WAY PEOPLE AND THINGS COMMUNICATE AND CONNECT.
The 7705 Service Aggregation Router team is expanding. We are looking for high-caliber, high-potential testers for its development program. You will take full ownership for the quality/deployability of assigned feature areas. You will be a recognized functional-level expert in these areas, leveraging your experience, your strong technical aptitude and your excellent communication skills. You will independently design, execute and automate tests in a hands-on technical environment with a clear focus on finding and resolving defects so that our customers won't have to. You will work closely with software designers, guiding and directing them as necessary, to ensure that defects are understood, prioritized and resolved.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
* TCL programming experience or equivalent programming skills
* Knowledge of test methodology and testing techniques
* Experience with some of the Core IP/MPLS protocols such as OSPF, BGP, L3 VPN and layer 2 VPN (ATM, FR, SONET, Ethernet).
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability
* Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Works well in a team
* Quick learner / self starter
* Understanding of IP and MPLS networking including experience with one more of PWE3, VPRN, VPLS, OSPF, ISIS, BGP, RSVP and LDP.
* Understanding of layer1/2 protocols, including Ethernet, T1/E1, DS3/E3, Sonet/SDH, PPP/ML-PPP and ATM/IMA.
* Solid problem solving skills with experience debugging network issues.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.