Trainer (Real Estate Experience)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
Oversees, develops, coordinates and administers internal training programs for FAC employees. Identifies training needs, standardizes training initiatives, and tracks and reports on training success. Sets a positive example to others relative to professionalism and the respect of others in order to contribute to a positive tone in the workplace. Training typically focuses on processes or soft skills (how people relate to each other: communication, solving problems, working with teams, etc) Promotes efficiency and competitive advantage by developing the skills of personnel.
* Conducts or facilitates general and specific training/instruction programs for organization employees.
* Provides orientation and training on new course materials through the selection of appropriate training aids and/or materials.
* Gathers information on business objectives from management, determines training needs, and recommends solutions.
* Prepares lesson plans relevant to training material.
* Tracks and analyzes training programs by examining training participants job performance.
* Conducts and analyzes course evaluations to judge effectiveness of training sessions and implements improvements. Collects information on employee performance and response to training
* Actively participates in the design of training/instructional materials including web publications, policy and procedure manuals and client-specific guidelines.
* Ongoing monitoring of publications, periodicals, web-based information, etc., to identify leading-edge developments in the field of training and the measurement of staff performance and accountability.
* Support and mentor new team members
* May travel to remote locations to deliver training
* Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Has latitude for un-reviewed action or decision
* Assigned client group(s) at this level is larger and more complex in nature.
* Works under general supervision applying established techniques, procedures or specific standards
* Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy
* No responsibility for the supervision of others
* May provide direction to less experienced team members
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Certification is preferred
* 2-4 years of directly related training experience
* May require subject matter expertise in area of training
* Solid interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
* Project management skills
* Presentation skills within a group and/or one on one
* Intermediate proficiency with MS Office
* Possesses a clear understanding of assigned group(s) business practices
* Highly organized and analytical
* Understands effective teaching methodologies and tools
* Critical thinking and decision making