Senior Transportation Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 7/22/2017
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONVHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
VHB s Watertown, MA office has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, highly organized, detail-oriented Senior Transportation Project Manager/Team leader to join our experienced team of planners, engineers, and scientists. The ideal candidate should possess a can-do attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and not only managing and mentoring the transportation staff, but also have significant responsibility in business development, client management, and financial accountability.
- Handle multiple ongoing projects at once (either as Project Manager or Task Manager) and will provide superior client service, strong communication both internally and externally, and will manage the technical and financial aspects of the project or tasks under your control
- Work with clients such as MassDOT, MBTA, and municipal clients as well as our private sector clients
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approach, cost and scheduling performance
- Participate in business development in the state or municipal transportation markets
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience managing multi-discipline design projects for heavy construction valued at $10 million or more with design fees in excess of $500,000
- Must be proficient and have experience with Civil 3D and Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail with broad understanding across disciplines
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage multiple assignments
- A strong work ethic
- Public outreach/community presentations experience a plus
- Understanding of business metrics, including billable targets, multipliers and profitability
- Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed PE in MA required
- Must have 10+ years of engineering experience and possess a broad understanding and strong technical skills in transportation design
- Familiarity with engineering guidelines and standards
- Strong oral presentation, communication, and teamwork skills are essential
- Experience working with both public and private sector clients is a plus
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 36 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf