Senior Transportation Representative (Friday-Monday 7am-6pm Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The purpose of this position is oversee the Transportation Representatives, transition between shifts, to bridge the communication link between transportation providers, sales brokers and customer buyers. It also includes problem resolution in support of excellent service to Smithfield's customers.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Communicate between transportation carriers and field sales personel providing information on service issues and resolutions. For service reasons it is important that communication be made to our customers any time there is a service issue or the potential for one. This position is the main line of communication to keep sales and brokers informed of these issues.
* Approval of unloading and detention charges along with data entry and tracking. Customers charge us for the unloading of their product at their facilities. This is charged to our transportation provider and they in turn pass this cost to Smithfield. This positions role is to approve (or not approve) these charges as they occur. Also responsible for entering each charge into a database and do weekly reporting.
* Make decisions on disposition of product and re-delivery when delivery appointments are missed. If a transportation provider misses a delivery appointment, this position gets involved to determine what to do with the product in order to eventually deliver to the customer.
* Track and report on Spotlight Accounts. These are accounts that have experienced recent service issues requiring special handling for a period of time. When a customer is put on the Spotlight Program this position does the follow up to make sure our transportation provider is on board with the requirements. This position also tracks results for a Spotlight Customer for a designated period of time.
* Resolve appointment issues. Getting delivery appointments at our customers locations is becoming increasingly difficult. This position assists our transportation providers in securing delivery appointments to insure the product gets delivered per the customers request.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 or more year s related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong communication skills.
* Knowledge of the Internet; Order Processing, and Windows Word and Excel software.
* Good reasoning skills including the ability to calculate transactional economic decisions between alternatives.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Ability to bring quick resolution to problems.
* Must be able to work Friday-Monday 7am - 6pm
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.