Senior UX Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Senior UX Designer
Chegg Test Prep Team| Santa Clara, CA, United States
Your goal Lead UX efforts to improve the education process and better the lives of millions of students.
The Role: Senior UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer on the Chegg Test Prep you will be responsible for designing new and updated user experiences, creating concepts, visual mockups and specifications, and representing the designs to the product team.
In addition to excellent interaction and visual design skills, strong candidates should have experience thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction. Of course we also look for candidates with good collaboration skills, for working with product managers, usability researchers, and engineering.
Senior level designers at Chegg are expected to lead large design projects, build strong relationships with key partners (Product Managers, Business owners, Engineering, etc.,) collaborate closely with User Researchers, and contribute to the overall product direction of the Test Prep product.
The Chegg UX Team
Chegg values a strong UX and Product culture. And that culture permeates everything we do. Our UX team is a highly collaborative, fun and friendly group that is filled with fantastic designers and researchers. Learn more at http://www.cheggux.com/.
* Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager and User Research. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
* Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, usage scenarios, task analysis, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, design guidelines, and other UX design deliverables.
* Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
* Have a good understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and be able to create a coherent cross-device experience.
* Help design and maintain design pattern library and components that will be used across the Chegg product teams.
* Ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand and are consistent.
* 5+ years as a User Experience Designer, creating excellent experiences that delight the customer.
* High degree of creativity and problem solving.
* Ability to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience.
* Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles.
* Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
* Proven leadership, organizational and communication skills.
* Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks) or similar tools to create user interfaces.
* Experience with responsive designs for desktop-to-mobile products.
* Relentless attention to detail and to consistency.
* Ability to collaborate with the larger team.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, or related field.
* Experience designing consumer facing products.
* Experience creating interactive prototypes using HTML/CSS, InVision, or other prototyping tools.
* Experience designing components or patterns as a part of a larger design system.
Read more about the Chegg UX team here.
Links to http://www.cheggux.com
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
Chegg puts students first. As the leading student-first connected learning platform, the company makes higher education more affordable, more accessible, and more successful for students. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. For more information, visit www.chegg.com.
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1939