Senior Underwriter - Premier
The Premier Underwriter is responsible for review of new business, endorsement and renewal policies for eligibility. In addition to review of applications, the Premier Underwriter will review vendor reports and home inspections to supplement the underwriting process. This individual will be required to work directly with agents and brokers specializing in High Net Worth Personal Lines accounts, which includes Automobile, Homeowners, Watercraft, Umbrella and Collections. The Premier Underwriter will work closely with marketing to build relationships with agents and brokers, and manage agency profitability and growth. Occasional travel required.
Essential Duties Include:
* Makes sound underwriting decisions and judgments on complex risks, situations and questions.
* Performs risk reviews and makes underwriting decisions on risk acceptability (new business, renewals, endorsements, reinstatements). Point of contact for all exceptions (agents, sups, TSM, Pricing, Marketing, Etc.).
* Works collaboratively with Regional Sales Managers and other Commercial Product Managers and Analyst to accomplish their growth and profit objectives.
* Develops and analyzes both internal and external data in order to direct pricing, underwriting, and sales decisions. Understands the market. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the NGIC Premier product lines.
* Proactively identifies opportunities for growth as well as exposures for improved classifications, retention or other re-underwriting action. Also identifies improvements for product and/or automation/technology.
* Analyze the quality of assigned books of business through agent and profile reviews, audits, and on-going communication with Pricing, Marketing, and PS&S.
* Build and maintain relationships (internally with sales/pricing and externally with key agencies) that support and improve agency effectiveness.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Individual must have at least 5 years' experience working in the High Net Worth underwriting field.
* Understanding of Personal Lines products is required and strong communication skills are a must.
* Ability to establish and maintain agency relationships and able to assist in leveraging business opportunities for other divisions.
* Demonstrates effective leadership and diplomacy skills. (must be able to coach and mentor others)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computer based underwriting systems.
* Demonstrates professional phone etiquette and interpersonal skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated negotiation and sales skills.
* Demonstrates strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations.
* Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, solve problems and work in a fast paced environment meeting aggressive business deadlines.
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability and desire to learn and effectively use computer based underwriting systems to manage workflow.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.