Senior Underwriting Officer, Melville Long Island 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Signature Financial LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Signature Bank, one of the strongest and best capitalized banks in the nation. Signature Bank has been ranked among the Top 10 on Forbes' list of Best Banks in America for six consecutive years!
Signature Financial provides specialty finance products and services to a diverse base of nationwide clients, including equipment leases and loans, franchise finance, vehicle funding programs, commercial marine and taxi medallion finance lending. Signature Financial is recognized as one of the fastest growing equipment finance companies in the United States, with over $3 billion in assets ranking in the top 20 of all bank owned equipment finance companies in America.
We have a top relationship based management team who joined Signature from some of the largest banks in the industry. We are searching for talented individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment dedicated to the financial care of our clients. If you are interested in growing with us, we can provide an excellent opportunity for advancement by leveraging your experience and skill set.
Senior Underwriting Officer, Melville Long Island
In this position, you will be responsible for underwriting and risk assessment of complex Signature Financial loan transactions. This position will be a key contributor in our future success as we continue our growth. This opportunity is ideal for individuals who think outside the box, thrive in high demand environments and work well independently.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Review the strength and experience of obligors, transaction terms and ability to structure large transactions typically ranging over $2 million.
* Prepare financial statement spreads and review the adequacy of supporting financial information; obtain additional and/or more current financial data as necessary
* Obtain and analyze credit reports, bank checks and perform other appropriate credit investigations
* Analyze key financial results, ratios and transaction structure elements, including the adequacy of the debt service coverage and loan to value
* Review the appropriateness of risk ratings and approve transactions within assigned credit authority
* Prepare comprehensive write ups covering all aspects of risk elements, obligor, credit profile, etc.
* Minimum 7 years relevant work experience with demonstrated knowledge in commercial lending environment
* Demonstrated experience with financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis and financial ratios
* Highly motivated, proactive, and resourceful; innovative with ability to think of alternatives that fit business standards
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office; strong knowledge of Moody s Risk Analyst Software
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience required
Signature offers a competitive compensation (with BONUS ELIGIBILITY) and an excellent benefits package for qualified employees, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) plan with company match, gym reimbursement and a wellness program.
Service is our cornerstone!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer