Senior User Experience Designer- Plano, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Hilti North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER - PLANO, TX REFERENCE-NO:193707
Posted On: 09/06/2016 (All day)
We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer for our Digital Delivery team in our Plano office
The mission of the Senior User Experience Designer is to take ownership of the overall design and user experience for Hilti Digital. This includes translating business requirements into design opportunities, creating visual wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes, user interaction, visual style guidelines, prototyping, and user testing.
* Own the front-end design and user experience for web and mobile applications in Hilti Digital
* Analyze and create interaction concepts, wireframes, workflows, personas, user journeys, and visual prototypes in support of new project work
* Collaborate with market reach, development, subject matter experts, and end users to define, measure, and improve the user experience of new and existing digital products by conducting usability studies with industry-standard methodologies
* Advise and validate design decisions based on results from usability studies, project goals/vision, and industry research
* Lead the team processes of user-centered design thinking throughout a project s lifecycle
* Maintain a set of visual and interaction guidelines governing interaction components, fonts, images, styles, etc. for a variety of cross-platform projects
* Communicate and educate across the business the benefits and rationale behind implementing UX processes and UX Methodologies
* Additional duties as assigned
* Bachelor s Degree required, preferably in Interaction Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
* Five or more years of experience in User Experience Design required; or Master s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related field with three or more years of relevant work experience required
* Minimum three or more years of relevant experience in a mobile application and/or e-commerce setting
* Solid knowledge in user research, usability testing, prototyping, and visual design
* Ability to work independently and proactively with limited supervision to deliver artifacts and solicit feedback in a global team setting
* Demonstrated systems thinking ability to solve problems by viewing them as a part of an overall system rather than individual components, outcomes, or events
* Thrives in a cross-cultural environment
* Excellent communication skills to share and explain insights and results in simple and powerful terms to a variety of audiences ranging from technical experts to executive management
* Ability to recognize and deal with conflict and debate in a rational, balanced, and effective way using effective communication, problem solving, and negotiating skills
* Strong passion for User Experience and possesses a drive for self-improvement through learning and knowledge sharing in the User Experience community
We look forward to receiving your application.