Senior User Experience Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Senior UX Designer
In search of: a hybrid interaction & visual designer who wants to create educational products and work in one of the best UX teams in the valley. This senior designer will work on our Careers products that help students around the country put their degrees into action and find internships and first time employment. This includes Internships.com and also the Chegg Careers product on chegg.com and m.chegg.com.
Chegg is a website and mobile app for students that reaches 40M students annually. From high school through college, students Chegg for affordable textbook rental, eTextbooks, Chegg Study Q&A and Textbook Solutions, tutoring, writing help, test prep, internships, admissions information and scholarships.
Chegg has been featured on the Dylan Ratigan Show, named by Fast Company as one of the Top Ten Innovative Companies in Education, listed as one of America's Hottest Brand's by Advertising Age, and selected as one of The 10 Silicon Valley Companies You Wish You Worked For by Wired Magazine. We are looking for people motivated by our educational mission: helping students save time, save money, and get smarter.
Read more about the Chegg UX team here.
* Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager and User Research. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
* Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, usage scenarios, task analysis, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, style guidelines, and other UX design deliverables.
* Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
* Present designs to the team and lead design reviews.
* Create responsive designs for mobile.
Obvious things we screen for (but we ll say anyway):
* Experience creating concepts, design mockups and specifications, and presenting the designs to the product team.
* Thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs (e.g. this is not a junior role).
* A natural collaborator and team player. Must be adept working with product managers, usability researchers, and engineering.
* Experience focusing on user feedback from research.
* Articulate, can give design reasoning and inspire or persuade a product team.
* Understanding of fundamental design principles.
* Creativity and problem solving.
* Conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
* Designs should demonstrate understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction design.
* Attention to detail and to cross-site consistency.
* 5+ years as a User Experience Designer, creating excellent experiences that delight the customer.
* Online portfolio showing past experience on a major project, preferably a consumer project, is required.
* Sketch and/or the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks).
* InVision, HTML/CSS or other tools to create prototypes
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, or related field.
Interested in joining us* If the answer is yes, we look forward to hearing from you!
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1890