Senior User Interface Designer
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Position Summary As a Senior User Interface Designer, you will be designing and creating the audio and dialog content of the customer experience primarily for Voice, Email, SMS, DTMF and speech-enabled applications. You will direct professional voice talents, record and edit audio for the voice channel. You will work on a multidisciplinary team of colleagues and domain experts to discover user requirements, and to match those needs against customer goals. Among other activities, you will help validate functionality choices; design intuitive and adaptive call flows; write natural, conversational, and personalized dialogs; anticipate user responses; define grammars.
Senior UI Designer Duties and Responsibilities
* Create effective speech user interface designs, including call flows, dialogs, functional logic, and prompts to match the established system persona.
* Assist in implementing these designs, interacting with developers, directing voice talents, audio recording, audio editing, and performing usability tests.
* Use your experience on your specific projects to augment our evolving body of best practices.
* Represent our UI approach and philosophy to top Fortune 100 companies.
* Design and prototype solutions. Meet and collaborate with customers to validate conceptual designs.
* Approach design problems with a user-centered design methodology and an understanding of best practices for automated systems using voice, sms and email channels.
* Compose user flows, diagrams, and/or prototypes to outline application functionality as to best support application development.
* Support ad hoc project requests that may be unrelated to customer requirements or product knowledge (e.g., the preparation of demos, and conceptual mock-ups)
* Maintain familiarity with other company products and competitive products to ensure thought and design leadership.
* Creativity, strong logic skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, challenging, and consultative environment
* Native-level English fluency
* Strong Microsoft Windows skills, including MS Office
Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and confidently deliver polished presentations to customers and internal teams
* Speech recognition software and/or telephony experience
* Experience with Natural Language Voice User Interface design is a plus
* Demonstrable audio engineering experience
* Professional writing experience
* Project Management experience
* Experience working in a recording studio, as or with a professional Voice Talent
* Basic understanding of a programming language (e.g., Perl, Python, or Java).
* Adobe Audition, Pro Tools or equivalent audio editing experience
* At least a BA / BS or equivalent experience in human factors engineering, product interface design, linguistics, cognitive science, experimental psychology, technical writing, or a related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.