Senior VP Of Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDevelops and fosters relationships with key decision-makers at Genomics, biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies with complementary development pipelines to secure business opportunities for the Company in an assigned geographical location.
Analyzes industry activity, develops annual business plan for specific market segments and assigned accounts. Participates with management in the development and implementation of the sales plan which will include forecasting territory sales and activity objectives. Reviews annual business plan on a quarterly basis to determine where adjustments may be required.
Plans and implements monthly objectives of the sales action plan, including budgeting of time and resources, and communicates with staff, as appropriate, to achieve sales action goals and objectives.
Develops account strategies for all appropriate clients. Anticipates and identifies client challenges, real and perceived, and partners with the appropriate operations team leader to provide solutions in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Maintains up-to-date and accurate records within the salesforce.comdatabase, for accounts (active and targeted) within geographic territory.
This includes items such as account profiles, individual contact details, opportunities and communications.
Maintains current professional level of knowledge in Oncology, Genomics, Genetics and Data Management information to serve as a basis for providing "value added" expanded Company services to all appropriate clients.
Participates in weekly updates to management and the Business Development team of new activities in the assigned territory, with urgent and important issues being shared with management as they arise.
Actively participates at professional meetings and conventions as appropriate.
* Performsother work-related duties as assigned.
* TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED (UP TO 50%).
* Superior, outgoing, relationship builder personality.
* Strong executive presence with a polished and professional image
* Strong communications skill. Ability to impress customers and develop trusted relationships with prospects, customers, team members, management, and industry influencers
* Enthusiastic self-directed worker capable of working independently, as well as in small teams
* Excellent time management skills and results-oriented
* Someone comfortable in a highly collaborative, team oriented culture
* BA/BSdegree in a science related field, or equivalent related education and experience, plus moderate experience in Oncology, Genomics research and in business development.
* Ph.D in Life sciences preferred
* 10-15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN GENOMICS, PHARMACEUTICAL OR BIOTECH SALES
* MBAdegreepreferred. Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail.
* Effective presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills with a strong team-oriented
* Highly motivated, energetic and innovative approach to problem solving.
* EXCELLENT PRESENTATION AND WRITING SKILLS IN VITAL.
* Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet demanding deadlines.