Senior Vice President, Programs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONScion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for a _Senior Vice President, Programs _for our client, Holt International Children's Services; an incredible social service organization which helps vulnerable children and strengthens families in thirteen countries. This full time, onsite senior leadership opportunity is for immediate hire and is based in the organization headquarter offices in Eugene, Oregon.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Senior Vice President, Programs (SVP) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all program areas. This position is an integral member of the senior leadership team; executing programmatic strategy and driving a highly collegial, collaborative, mission-driven environment guided by intelligent business metrics and accountability.
The SVP is a new role which has been created to provide direction and supervision for Holt's international and U.S. domestic program leadership; ensuring the correct talent and skills are strategically in place so that Holt may continue to successfully achieve desired outcomes.
As a senior leader, the SVP is responsible for creating and executing overall vision to enable proactive expansion of programs which strengthen and preserve families who are at risk of separation; provide critical care and support to orphaned and vulnerable children; and by leading the global community in finding families for children who need them and providing the pre- and post-adoption support and resources they need to thrive.
ABOUT HOLT INTERNATIONAL:
Holt International finds and supports permanent, loving families for children who are orphaned, abandoned or at serious risk of separation from their family. Holt's child centered model of care provides services for vulnerable children to ensure they will grow and develop to their fullest potential. As an established, impactful international children's services and child welfare organization, Holt International is well known for its incredible work and program impact. Moved by faith and a firm belief that all children deserve permanent, loving homes, Harry and Bertha Holt began their lifelong mission in 1955. Overcoming legal and cultural barriers, they sought families for children orphaned by the Korean War. Today, Holt International strives to uphold the vision of its founders: to find loving homes for children regardless of race, religion, ethnicity or gender.
Established overseas for more than six decades, Holt International is the model for international adoption and child welfare. World leaders seek the organization's expertise and child welfare organizations embrace their partnership.
ABOUT THE EUGENE AREA:
Eugene, Oregon is located in the lush Willamette Valley, and is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as the arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. Eugene is approximately 110 miles South of Portland, the state's major metropolitan area, and is less than two hours from the Pacific Ocean to the West and the Cascade Mountains to the East. The Eugene/Springfield metropolitan area (population 215, and growing) is in a region noted for its dynamic quality of life and progressive cultural environment.
Strategy and Vision
* Works with the CEO to cultivate opportunities which create and sustain positive impact as well as continuous growth through the programs and services Holt International provides.
* Implements and manages strategy and operations, under direction of the CEO, for all of Holt International and U.S. domestic programs.
* Develops and executes an effective talent management strategy to support planned growth and new initiative implementation.
* Maintains and further develops lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of critical issues and new developments.
* Contributes to the development of Holt International's programmatic goals and strategic objectives throughout our worldwide network.
* Embraces innovation and determination while fostering collaboration to raise the standard of care the organization's programs and services provide to homeless and at-risk children throughout the world.
* Provides effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
* Manages, leads and develops a high-performing program and services team, knowledgeable about current strategies, opportunities and expected outcomes.
* Provides leadership and strategic oversight of regional and country programs and operations in order to maximize impact and effectiveness.
* Researches and executes new program development, and works across departments to communicate and secure funding opportunities.
* Oversees high impact child welfare programming expansion as well as identifying and closing low impact programs when necessary.
* Designs, implements and monitors programs to assure qualitative and quantitative achievements of objectives and to ensure maximum utilization of resources.
* Advocates country laws and policies which provide stability and new opportunities for vulnerable children by meeting with government officials and providing technical support as needed.
* Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assigns accountabilities; sets objectives; establishes priorities; and monitors and evaluates performance and development results.
* Utilizes deep program experience, strategy, and team oriented management to harness and benefit from the unique skills each team member brings to Holt International's mission.
* Demonstrates and fosters an adaptable, high performing culture based on intra and inter departmental collaboration, shares knowledge, has transparent communication, accountable and committed to the highest ethical standards in programs and services to the children and constituents Holt International Children's Services.
* Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement which values learning and a commitment to quality.
* Ensures staff members receive training and development in a timely and appropriate manner.
External Relationship Development
* Establishes and promotes relations with UN agencies, NGOs, the US Agency for International Development (USAID), and others to advance cooperation and ensure maximized benefits are provided to Holt International's international programs and operations.
* Manages and cultivates existing relationships with partners and funders to expand programmatic opportunities and revenue streams.
* Publicly represent Holt International with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations; building excitement for Holt International's mission when a new opportunity is identified.
* Prior experience in developing and creating new international and domestic development programs with a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, and diverse team.
* Existing senior leadership experience involving the formulation of strategic direction as well as building program capacity within an international development, child welfare, or related organizational role.
* Mission driven and passionate regarding the core values of Holt International.
* 10+ years of experience managing international organization(s) focused on child welfare, adoption and/or child protection.
* Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW) or international relations, or Bachelor's degree with relative experience.
* Proven supervisory experience by setting key performance indicators and goals, and completing and performing employee performance evaluations.
* Familiarity with funding agencies and international organizations and skills in external relations and