- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Senior Vice President, Public Relations
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, PUBLIC RELATIONS
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Reporting to the CMO, this leader will join Salesforce at an exciting time of growth and innovation. The position requires a broad range of skills and experience. First and foremost, the role requires a team player who can bring out the best in an already incredible team. The winning candidate will differentiate her/himself by their ability to creating and implementing strategic PR plans, including proactive initiatives.
This person must have a good understanding of the enterprise software market and strong relationships with key media leaders. Clear, concise and differentiated communication skills are required as a prerequisite. This person must be experienced in working with senior executives and have unshakable nerves under pressure. Creativity and a sense of humor are a must.
* Lead and inspire an incredible PR team
* Extend Salesforce's reach and relevance across the business world
* Integrate PR into the fabric of the company, including executive habits
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
* A good knowledge of the market space in which Salesforce operates, including good knowledge of Salesforce, its products, technology, partnerships, customer.
* A team player and consensus builder
* Proven track record in creating and implementing strategic PR plans, including proactive initiatives.
* Senior-level editorial relationships at major news outlets, including national and international business/financial press, trade publications and online media outlets with the ability to reach a senior editor at a moment's notice.
* Deep understanding of how to integrate social media into an effective PR strategy
* Understand how to be proactive, when to be reactive and when to be silent.
* Proven storyteller capable of creating an epic narrative
* Fortune 500 experience
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.