Senior Vice President of Stores 8/25/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job description
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
* Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
* Visits each market at least two (2) times each year; compliance measured by district/store visit scheduling tool.
* Selects, develops and manages performance of District Managers, measured by appropriate performance reports/scorecards/dashboards.
* Executes the client's (brand/business) plan consistently across all districts/stores and provide ongoing fact-based feedback.
* Consistently delivers acceptable results as measured by the Location Balanced Scorecard in all the stores in assigned region with an intense focus on customer service and sales growth.
* Focuses and invests time in stores on customer facing activities and processes.
Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
* Expects and inspects retail core processes and "Clean and Bright" standards during every store visit.
* Is the customer advocate and surfaces opportunities to improve the end to end customer experience.
Leadership and People:
* Personally supports, coaches and develops District Managers, creating an environment where our associates can be successful.
* Focuses the entrepreneurial energy of the team on delivering over-the-top customer service and associate pride.
* Communicates the client's goals and strategies to region/district leadership in order to continuously enhance the customer's shopping experiences.
* Builds a strong bench of talent and strive to develop people for internal promotion.
* Leads and embeds all Retail Services plans/projects using common tools, processes and language. (No region/district programs.)
* Rigorously inspects our standardized operating model for consistency across regions, districts and stores.
* Ensures that all initiatives and processes are in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
* Creates a selling culture that will meet/exceed sales plans.
* Drives and monitors store level margin drivers, e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution and POS reductions.
* Achieves all miscellaneous income plans, e.g., merchandise replacement plans, protection agreements, new account generation, gift cards, email acquisition, etc.
* Achieves controllable cost plans and identify and communicates continuous improvement opportunities.
Disciplined Decision Making:
* Consistently provides a sense of urgency to maintain standards while obtaining associate buy-in.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of seven (7) years experience in multi-unit retail or equivalent industry experience; previous experience managing remote teams is required.
3. Multi-line store management (Apparel, Marketing, Hardlines and Operations) is required.
4. Strong leadership and organizational skills.
5. Ability to analyze information, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions.
6. Experience selecting, assessing, coaching and developing managers, preferably in a retail environment.
7. Knowledge of financial operations and processes; analytical skills to diagnose root cause of deficiencies.
8. Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members.
9. Ability to travel 4 to 6 days per week.
10. Experiences in corporate and cross formats are preferred.
11. Ability to form strong partnerships across reporting relationships.
12. Ability to influence activities and results of those who are not direct reports.
13. Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.