Senior Web Developer 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER
LOCATION: CHEEKTOWAGA, NY, 14225
MODE OF INTERVIEW: TWO ROUNDS OF TELEPHONIC INTERVIEW
PRIMARY SKILLS REQUIRED: WEB DEVELOPMENT
SECONDARY SKILLS REQUIRED: MOBILE DEVELOPER- ANDROID
Senior Web Developer This individual will provide designs; specify information systems solutions and highly technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. They will act as a principal application designer for major modifications using analytical skills and technical skills. This person will also participate in the evaluation of client requirements to make sure the solutions are fit for purpose and are technologically sound. This individual may perform day-to-day support activities and special projects as well. What is more, this person often directs and monitors the activities of junior staff. This individual will complete internal software development and also support complex vendor applications.
* Perform and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design and development efforts.
* Act as an individual contributor on complex projects.
* Maintain a thorough functional understanding of the supported application(s).
* Direct and monitor junior resources coordinating development tasks on projects.
* Prepare and manage the technical components of project plans.
* Participate with other development staff, operations staff and IT staff in the systems development and testing process.
* Prepare and reviews test data, test scripts. Execute detailed test plans.
* Perform debugging of code.
* Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships among programs, interfaces and platforms.
* Provide highly analytical consulting to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives with technological innovation.
* Minimum of two to four years college with at least eight years involvement in systems analysis and application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Requires experience in MVC application design and developing REST web services.
* Experience in customer SOAP API development also required. This person must possess a very good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets.
* This role requires a high aptitude for complex problem analysis and resolution. This position requires one to lead or actively participate in technical walkthroughs.
* To fulfill this role one must be capable of quickly learning new technical skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to a target audience are essential.
* This person must be an expert in HTML 5, CSS3, and JQuery/Java script. Angular and Bootstrap are experience also needed. Experienced with test-driven development.
* Expertise in building automated unit test scripts using Mocha for JScript, JUnit for Java is required.
* Experience in authoring test scripts with Selenium a plus. Experience in web package management with Bower required.
* This person must be thoroughly versed in source code management with Team Foundation Server and Git. Proficient in multiple development tools and thorough knowledge of application development support software and hardware platforms along with a diverse technical background in computing environments. Architect & Developer with hands-on experience developing high volume transaction processing on mission critical applications is required.
* Experience working with distributed front-side cache databases such as Redis is strongly preferred. Candidate must be experienced utilizing Team Foundation Server agile framework and developing in an agile mode.
* Candidate must be well-verses in creating prototypes from specs. Must be experienced in implementing final product from annotated comprehensive layouts.
* The ideal candidate is adaptable, a malleable thinker, and open to change. The ideal candidate must love this technology, and know how to have fun at work.