Senior Web Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Senior Web Developer
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
Manager, Enterprise Web Technologies
* Software development for web based projects.
* Quality deliverables with superior customer orientation.
* Seeks solutions/problem solve on his or her own with effective and timely escalation.
* Working in a collaborative environment with a team of highly talented developers.
* Prototype new ideas and concepts, responds to changing priorities with agility.
* Delivery of functionality for a wide range of business systems via Intranet and Extranet applications.
* Ability to share knowledge of existing capabilities provided by applications, technologies, and software design patterns for new functional designs.
* Utilize technical expertise to develop solutions for unique and complex problems. Apply various technologies to develop alternatives and recommend best practices.
* Understand how technology solutions progress through life cycle phases of requirements analysis, solution design, development, testing, deployment, and decommission.
* Understand concepts and theories of development practices, techniques, tools and solutions across the Solution Development organization.
* Bachelor's degree in related field, specialized training or equivalent work experience
* Computer Science or Graphic Design Degree preferred
* 3-5 years in web development role or relevant experience
* Experience with responsive front end frameworks (like Bootstrap)
* Knowledge of cross browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE, etc.) and cross device (Desktop, Tablet, Smart Phone, iOS, Android) testing and compatibility
* Working knowledge of CMS systems built on the LAMP technology stack like Drupal or Zend Framework
* Working knowledge of jQuery / Ajax / JSON / RESTful / WSDL web services
* Mobile application development
* Understanding of programming concepts
* Understanding of relational databases
* Understanding of CPG business concepts
* Experience with project management methodology and system development lifecycle
* Experience building solutions to support medium to large scale business initiatives
* Analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
* Ability to build/maintain strong relationships and effectively partner with peers
* Demonstrates initiative when interfacing with constituents
* Strong communication skills
* Flexibility to learn new skills quickly and "flow to the work"
* Strong self-motivation and ability to learn
* Ability to manage multiple time-critical projects
* Strong attention to detail
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.