Senior eCommerce Developer 8/9/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: SENIOR ECOMMERCE DEVELOPER
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
The Website Application Development develops the highly scalable, light weight, Java web applications that create the customer experience on desktop, iPad, and other devices. We are seeking a developer who has a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a business critical environment. The primary area of focus will be server-side Java web application development (Core Java, Spring, JSTL, JSP, Tiles, JSON) including the design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. Senior Java Developers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile environment with other A-Players, then come and consider the Website Application Development team. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Design, implement, and unit test server-side JEE/Java web application code.
* Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
* Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
* Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
* Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
* Work with other senior engineers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
* Work with the Technical Lead to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiatives to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
* Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end. Act as the "go-to" person on integration related questions.
* Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 6 years experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years experience.
* 6+ years total experience as an engineer in a web environment doing development with Java/JEE.
* 5+ years Java 5 or later knowledge.
* 5+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features.
* Experience with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews.
* Experience with highly scalable, high performance, 100% stable Java web applications.
* Experience with modern light weight embedded NoSQL caching solutions a plus.
* Agile experienced.
* Web experience in Retail or other high volume customer facing web applications a strong plus.
* Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong estimating and planning skills.
* Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
* An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design pattern.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
* Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced, environment.
* Successful history of web projects delivered.