Senior-level Technical Intelligence Analyst CAD-2012-21
Applied Research Associates, Inc. - Charlottesville, VAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Applied Research Asso... Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- Charlottesville, VA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Masters Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Senior Technical Intelligence Analyst, Charlottesville, VA, 22901, (CAD-2012-21)
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking senior-level Technical Intelligence Analysts. The senior-level Technical Intelligence Analyst is responsible for leading a team in conducting a wide range of tasks including, developing unique methodology as required and train others in its use; compiling data and preparation of inputs into larger reports, and performing research, collection and collation of data from studies, assessments and projections as part of the analysis process. The senior-level Technical Intelligence Analyst will also lead research and analysis efforts, oversee the development of technical reports and briefings, and will actively engage external organizations for collaboration and analytic exchanges. This position requires a Master’s degree and a minimum of twelve years of relevant professional experience with military or civilian intelligence organization or a Doctorate level degree with ten years of relevant professional intelligence experience.
This position requires an active Top Secret clearance eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Master’s degree in an engineering or physical science discipline, or relevant experience conducting technical intelligence analysis and exploitation with a demonstrated understanding of underlying physical principles
- Ability to lead a contractor team, and work directly with others inside and outside the supported organization
- Ability to prepare and present highly technical briefings and/or controversial materials to senior-level audiences
- Edit others’ work
- Prepare final reports that are ready for publication
- Proficient in use of computer-spread sheets, databases and other related tools
- Knowledge of collection methods and production resources and responsibilities.
- Twelve years of experience conducting technical intelligence analysis and exploitation in the intelligence community
- OR Doctorate level degree in an engineering or physical science discipline and ten years of experience with a military or civilian intelligence organization
- Experience in finding, exploiting, fusing and presenting multi-discipline intelligence
- Experience in conducting technical analysis and exploitation using all sources of intelligence
- Experience in create finished intelligence products, and preparing and delivering technical briefings to diverse audiences
- Experience in conducting physics and/or expert based modeling and simulation to predict sensor, platform and collection performance, and predict target and process observable characteristics
- Experience conducting facility/target detection and characterization
- Ability to process results from pre-processed sensor collection data
- Able to conduct predictive analytics (data mining) to support targeting, collection, and/or exploitation
- Experience utilizing various multi-INT software including ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, Remote View, Socet GXP, ENVI, ArcIMS, ARrcSDE, Geodatabases, Analyst Notebook, Socet Set, Iminer, S-plus, Stella, MATLAB, physics-based modeling tools, GALE, GALE-LITE, and other related tools.
Functional experience in technical exploitation and analysis is required in one or more of the following topic areas:
- Weapons of mass destruction (WMD)
- Directed energy weapon systems
- Advanced weapon systems
- Space/counter-space systems
- Missile systems
- Identity intelligence
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1200 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience.
ARA is an EEO/AA employer.