Senior or Lead Data Integration Engineer - Talend / Java 8/9/2016
Leading Financial Client
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Contract Duration: 6 + months
* As member of the Client Applications team, this individual will be responsible for leading the technical design and implementation of firm s Centralized Client Reporting Data Platform framework.
* This role requires a well-rounded technologist that can work with stakeholders to build consensus on vision and then materially lead high visibility projects through technical design, construction, testing and implementation.
* This multi-faceted role offers the individual the opportunity to have tremendous impact on a number of multi-channel, reporting initiatives.
* The candidate would also be joining the group at a point at which they will have significant direct impact on our current ongoing Data Integration services.
* Personally deliver reporting data models (both logical and physical) and provide operational support and technical guidance for team members and external IT stakeholders.
* Ensure quality by conducting technical reviews of Data Integration/ DW and Application components.
* Resolve issues as needed.
* Lead by example.
* Aid in leading the domain toward a consolidated data virtualization /data integration strategy.
* Effectively federating and publishing Client data in efficient and extensible manner.
* Track new trends and directions in DB Engineering, and determines potential impact to our organization.
* 8+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architecture experienceExperience in relational database technologies with strong SQL skills.
* Familiarity with ETL Tools is a plus. Material Talend experience strongly desired.
* Expert knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and data modeling.
* Oracle skills is plus
* Expertise developing Java applications using JDBC and JMS.
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented design, Relational Database concepts, RESTful Services and DevOps
* Experience/Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
* Experience in modern java script frameworks like Angular & React is a plus
* Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing and methodologies
* Willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervisionAbility to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline