Senior or Lead Engineer Protection and Telecom Engineering (Anticipated)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SENIOR OR LEAD ENGINEER PROTECTION AND TELECOM ENGINEERING (ANTICIPATED)
JOB ID 20162138 DATE POSTED 06/07/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
National Grid is responsible for keeping the power on for over 3 million people throughout New England and New York. The Protection Policy and Support department selects, installs, and manages the equipment and software that monitors, captures, and transmits data pertaining to faults, disturbances anything that has the potential to impact our ability to deliver safe, reliable electricity to our customers.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FALL UNDER MULTIPLE CATEGORIES: ASSET MANAGEMENT, DESIGN STANDARDS, PROCEDURES AND WORK PRACTICES, AND OPERATIONS AND ENGINEERING SUPPORT
* Acceptance testing and maintenance for Network communication and Disturbance monitoring equipment
* Remote fault record retrieval and polling software (WaveWin) support and maintenance and analysis of communications alternatives
* Fault Recorders - installation and maintenance
* Develop, maintain, and review Protection Engineering equipment policies and standards
* Implement Review system protection design standards and asset health strategies in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders.
* Represent the company on industry committees and participate in the formulation of industry-wide standards and practices.
* Continue the development of a relay test lab for troubleshooting, testing, and developing protection standards; fault record retrieval standards, and integration schemes.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Software or Network Engineering or related discipline.
* Five plus years knowledge of, and experience with, electric power facilities with particular emphasis on protection and control systems is required.
* Knowledge of network hardware, configuring LANs, and software maintenance.
* Experience developing relay settings, protection schemes and logic diagrams preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and execute technical work with a minimum amount of guidance and supervision.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Access and MS PowerPoint.
* Experience with Aspen One-liner is preferred.
* This position will support both NE and Upstate NY. Travel will be expected between the two areas as needed. Location can be in Syracuse, NY or Waltham, MA.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Electric Systems Eng
:Jun 7, 2016, 1:12:19 PM