Sensor Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSensor Development EngineerJob ID:
Job Title -Sensor Development Engineer Job Location - Roanoke, VA Job Code - CS20160408-13387 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries and has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:Function as sensor development engineer on integrated product teams tasked with the development image tubes and related night vison sensors. This position requires the ability to design for ultra-high vacuum and high voltage processing. Traditional sensors incorporate an activated semiconductor cathode, microchannel plate (MCP) and a phosphor screen. Sensors must operate for extended periods in rugged military environments. Essential Functions/Responsibilities:* Analyze customer requirements and system functional requirements and translate them into an appropriate sensor design.* Work with manufacturing engineers and other subject matter experts to make designs that are manufacturable at reasonable yield.
* Set up and execute tests of new tube configurations and/or processes. Supervise or execute measurements of relevant tube parameters.* Create and present briefing material as part of both internal and external design reviews.* Create component and finished product documentation in ISO 9001 certified environment.
* Conduct and participate in peer design reviews for the more complex electronic designs and design approaches. Qualifications:* BS in related engineering field minimum. Prefer mechanical, materials or process engineering with six plus years of experience. Preferred Additional Skills:* Experience with the development, production or use of night vision devices.
* Experience with developing products for international and domestic military customers
* Experience with experiment design and data analysis.
* Must have demonstrated performance in new product development from concept definition to production release.* Must have experience with ultra-high vacuum environments.
* Must be able to effectively communicate design and engineering requirements to individuals and team members
* Able to work as part of a design team.* MS Office skills . Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Electrical Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - VA - Roanoke .