This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
This position will serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
* Knowledge of fine dining service.
* Must have full familiarity with menus.
* Must have full knowledge of beverage offerings.
* Station set-up and breakdown/side-work.
* Maintain tabletop items in certain order on all tables.
* To polish and clean the water glasses in his/her assigned station before opening hours.
* Salt and pepper, sugar caddies should be full all the time.
* Perform any other duties as assigned by the restaurant manager.
* Able to function as busperson whenever needed due to circumstances.
* Taking food and beverage orders up selling as when possible.
* To have fold napkins.
* Service to guests in a friendly and professional manner following proper steps of service.
* Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained.
* Responsible for each check generated by the server.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
* 1 year serving experience with a quality establishment.
* Prior serving and cash handling experience preferred.
* Must be able to multi task.
* Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
* Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance.
* Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Must have alcohol training certification (TABC/TIPS).
* Must have Food Handler permit (where applicable).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: