Server Administrator 9/3/2016
Rose International INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title: Systems Administrator
Position Number: 239993
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Desired Skill Set:
DHCP, MSSQLServer, Oracle, Red Hat, VMWare, WindowsServer 2008
Position: Server Administrator
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Start Date: 09/26/2016
Onsite interviews are preferred; however the managers are open to doing Skype/WebEx as well.
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
The Server Administrator is responsible for properly installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring all network servers & desktop machines for the entire agency. This position requires a strong understanding of various operating systems and versions, network configuration, and application troubleshooting.
The Server Administrator must bring a level of experience implementing and standardizing an organizational infrastructure. Candidate must have a complete understanding of the MS Windows Active Directory topology (Forest, Domain, etc.) and trusts between entities. Candidate must also have experience with Linux, Exchange and other open systems based server technologies.
* MS Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 required.
* MS Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 required.
* MS Windows Active Directory Server, DHCP, LDAP and DNS required.
* MS Exchange administration and mailbox management.
* Red Hat Linux 6 and higher required.
* VMware vSphere Hypervisor experience required.
* Backup Server administration. Backup and restore best practices using Arc Serve backup utilities, including Open Files clients for databases, Linux, etc.
* Installation and administration of MS SQL Server database instances and client management tools.
* Installation of Oracle database client management tools.
* License Management expertise and skills.
* Network diagramming and documentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Responding to internal system issues and requests for desktop and server support and maintenance
* Creating and maintaining user accounts and access permissions.
* Supporting network printers and peripherals as needed.
* Managing file share allocation and usage.
* Maintaining a standards based maintenance window and structure.
* Researching, downloading and applying Windows security patches and service packs.
* Monitoring server and network performance on a regular basis.
* Troubleshoot system problems and document resolutions.
* Identity Management expertise a plus.
* Security certifications a plus.
Description of Duties:
* Responsible for properly installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring all network servers & desktop machines for the entire agency.
* Server backup and recovery and protection.
Skill Set Requested:
* Microsoft Windows (Advanced) - 5 years.
* Red Hat Linux (Intermediate) - 2+ years.
* VMware vSphere (Intermediate) - 2 + years.
Database Systems/Database Tools:
* MS SQL Server (Intermediate) - 2+ years.
* Oracle (Intermediate) - 2+ years.
ROSE INTERNATIONAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ARREST AND CONVICTION RECORDS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY LAW. POSITIONS LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA WILL BE ADMINISTERED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE.