This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of theatre prices, policies, menu, and bar selections.
* Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced food service environment.
* Greet guests in a timely and professional manner while exhibiting excellent guest service skills.
* Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations.
* Accurately take food and beverages orders and deliver within established time frames once the entire order is completed.
* Consistently use suggestive selling techniques.
* Verify guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age.
* Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only.
* Ensure adherence to all alcohol enforcement tactics and age restrictions/parental escort by monitoring auditorium for compliance.
* Coordinate and assist with reserved seating tactics.
* Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure that food and beverage orders are accurate with consistent food quality and presentation.
* Assist servers in delivery of food and beverage orders as needed.
* Pre-bus tables as needed.
* Ensure that assigned tables are set and service areas are stocked to required levels.
* Maintain a personal bank for cash out purposes.
* Complete all "side work" duties prior to end of shift.
* Frequently monitor auditoriums for picture and sound quality, temperature, lighting levels, audience behavior, and film piracy.
* Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
* Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
* Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
* Perform all additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
* Uphold AMC's Business Practice Standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
* Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
* Adhere to AMC's Tipping Policy.
* Clear and reset tables both before and after presentation.
* Close all auditorium doors at the start of each film.
* Assist with crowd control and seating of guests as needed.
* Perform exit greetings at auditorium doors at the end of each presentation.
* Assist with back of the house cleaning duties and trash removal.
* Perform ticket taking duties as needed.
* Provided by Theatre: Black t-shirt, nametag.
* Provided by Associate: Black pants, black shoes, socks, black belt.* Age 18 or older, and in some states, 21 or older.
* Ability to obtain any required food or alcohol service licenses or certifications, including T.I.P.S. certification.
Requirements to be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
* Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
* Ability to stand on feet for an extended period of time.AMC amazing. That s the promise we deliver to nearly 20,000 AMC associates and 200 million guests each year. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, giving back to the communities we live and work in while having fun. If you feel motivated and energized by this company culture, and if you can name your five favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you.AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration and results.Deliver superior service while connecting with our guests and supporting efforts to achieve AMC's goals. Complete accurate orders and delivery of food and beverage orders to guests in a timely manner. Provide a vital link between our guests and kitc