This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
errill Corporation offers exceptional opportunities to grow your career with leading edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative and global environment. Our employees are a dedicated and supportive team of the industry s best people and the work offers some of the most rewarding challenges. From our focused, energetic work teams to our collaborative, results-oriented environment, cloud technologies and sound strategy, Merrill Corporation values its employees and wants them to know they re part of an industry global leader.
Merrill Corporation is looking for a passionate technologist who thrives on learning new technologies, and getting your hands on something new. Our Server Engineer will deploy and maintain Windows servers and infrastructure. You will install and configure Operating Systems, and in cloud and on-premise solutions for Merrill s Server Infrastructure team. As a Server Engineer with Merrill Corporation you participate with peer groups and vendors to complete tasks. As a member of the team, you participate in our on-call rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Implements server solutions detailed by Senior and Lead engineers
* Performs configuration of server equipment
* Performs troubleshooting of server systems
* Monitors server systems and assists in performing corrective action.
* Performs well with direction and input
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience is required
* 3-5 years professional IT experience with compute technologies
* 3-5 years of experience in one Operating system:Microsoft Windows server 2008 and newer
* Microsoft and RedHat certifications preferred
* Public cloud experience a plus
* Working knowledge of security practices and tools (CIS hardening, best practices)
* Some experience in Server Monitoring/Management. Experience with SCOM a plus.
* Some scripting experience, Microsoft or equivalent training a plus
* Ability and willingness to participate in a rotating on-call rotate providing 24/7 coverage
* Good communications skills and customer service attitude.
* Organization and analysis skills, problem solving ability.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to move 30 pounds from floor to shoulder height, work in tight enclosures and/or go up ladders to connect wires.
Merrill is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Visit this URL to know more http://www.merrillcorp.com/eeo-aae-policy.htm
Merrill participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Merrill is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
Merrill is a drug-free workplace.