Server Engineer, Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPTC Company Description
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) is a $1B+ global provider of technology platforms and enterprise applications for smart and connected products, operations, and systems. Our enterprise applications serve manufacturers and other businesses that create, operate and service products. Our award-winning ThingWorx technology platforms help companies achieve a new reality in smart, connected things and systems - deriving new value emerging from the Internet of Things market. An early pioneer in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, PTC today employs more than 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses worldwide. We are headquartered in Needham, MA.
Server Engineer, Associate
Job Description for Advertising Purposes
Senior System Engineer
PTC is looking for a Senior System Engineer to join a team-oriented staff and shares in the responsibility providing PTC with Systems Administration and systems application support. The primary responsibilities of the Senior System Engineer are to provide advanced System Administration services for PTC s Cloud, ESX, Windows and UNIX environments across the globe. This person will report to an IT Group Leader
*Serve as a Senior System Engineer for VMware hosts and clusters as well as Windows and Linux servers
* Administration, deployment and design of our cloud infrastructure in AWS and Azure
*Monitor system performance and utilization on all platforms
*Install, configure, and document new servers and applications
*Maintain and audit user accounts and servers and system security according to PTC standards
*Manage fileserver utilization (shared folders, quotas, etc.)
*Track vulnerabilities and apply appropriate patches and upgrades
*Generate statistics for operational review and planning
* Mentor and train non Windows and Linux users
* Respond rapidly to ITG requests and maintenance needs, including on weekends and evenings
* Work with the Storage and WindowsESX Teams in developing standard operating policies and procedures
* Collaborate with the various PTC IT groups to deliver the most uptime and be possible response to end user needs
* Serve as the IT Staff Liaison to PTC departments and offices as assigned.
*Research, review, and test new hardware, applications and technology ideas applicable to PTC departments
*Coordinate the installation and maintenance of local datacenter equipment
*Participate in technology meetings, workshops held by and for PTC
* Work with IT staff to test and document software for IT and public use.
* Assist PTC staff in developing ideas for innovative projects involving
development and business computing.
* UNIX Administration Experience with Linux, Solaris and AIX. Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
* VMware Administration Experience with ESX 5.x, VCD, VCops, Vsphere
* Windows Administration Experience with Active Directory, performance tuning, troubleshooting
* Experience with storage technology such as SAN s and Volume management
* Experience with Enterprise level hardware and TCP/IP Network configuration
* Strong organizational, written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
A Senior System Engineer is a full time position and is required to be on-call. They must be able to respond to
issues on days and weekends where required.
* 7 or more years of experience administering VMware hosts and clusters
* 7 or more years of experience administering Windows and Linux Environments
*B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Computer Science
Job Req Number
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
PTC is a great place to work. Our culture is one of excellence, innovation, empowerment, and caring about our customers, communities, and employees. We have built an action oriented culture of integrity and trust, creating a sense of team spirit at both the departmental and company-wide level. At PTC, we have great employees and know that they are critical to the company s success.
The Core Values we live by to achieve our success are:
* Customer Success
* Innovation & Empowerment
* Integrity & Professionalism
* Social Responsibility through Shared Value
We are looking to add strong candidates that uphold the PTC Core Values and are eager to grow and develop their careers with us. If you share these values and enjoy a work environment that is fast paced, hands on, and results oriented, then PTC is the place for you.
PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including:
* Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
* Healthcare and Dental insurance
* Paid Time Off and Sick Time
* Birthday Day-off
* Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US)
* Holiday Pay
* Employee Referral Program
* Management and Employee Training Development
* Other Regional-specific Benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.