Server Platform Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Server Platform Engineer
Become part of a team that thrives on excellence in a fast changing technology world. We are in-the-know individuals in an environment where exciting change is constant and thought-provoking. We see the infinite possibilities of new technology solutions that change the world for the better, and were proud to know our company is a part of it.
Join the hardware engineering team at Hyve! Hyve Solutions, a subsidiary of Synnex Corp. specializes in providing our customers with purpose-built data center servers. Help us design server platforms at scale. Other responsibilities include The Hyve Solutions division of Synnex Corp. specializes in providing our customers with purpose-built data center servers. Help us design server platforms at scale.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Work directly with top-name customers on development and deployment of new server hardware and firmware (BIOS/RAID/DMI/FRU).
* Drive technical issues to closure by working with internal and field engineers to identify, track, root cause, and resolve issues.
* Provide support to manufacturing and customer service teams internally.
* Provide input on next-generation server products by designing, building, and testing evaluation units to meet customer requirements.
* Balance design choices across cost; cooling and power efficiency; form factor; reliability; and optimization for specific requirements of particular projects.
* Qualify bleeding-edge hardware and firmware technologies at component and platform levels.
* Execute and analyze power and performance benchmark tests on new server hardware.
* Refine standard tests to drive improvements in new technologies and more effectively meet customers needs.
* Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers, vendors, and internal teams in support of overall company objectives.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position has a base salary. Benefits include profit sharing (which is discretionary and not guaranteed), health insurance, 401k, FSA, STD & LTD, vacation benefits (accrued at 10 days a year to start), 10 paid holidays, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
EMPLOYEES ARE OUR GREATEST ASSET AND WE EMPOWER THEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR BUSINESS. DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION MAKES US ALL BETTER. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
HYVE SOLUTIONS. BE A PART OF IT!
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
MUST HAVES FOR THE JOB:
* BS ME, MS preferred or equivalent yeas of industry experience.
* Deep knowledge of major server component architecture and design (motherboards, hard drives, RAM, CPUs, heat sinks, fans, etc.).
* Working knowledge of major power related components (power supplies, PDUs, VRMs, etc.) and control interfaces (PMBus, IPMI, etc.).
* Ability to troubleshoot x86-based systems; diagnose hardware and software issues.
* Proficiency with administration of a range of operating systems, including RedHat, SuSE, and Debian Linux-based distributions is a bonus.
* Comfortable in a fast moving, small team environment.
* Excellent communication skillswritten and verbal.
* Attention to detail and process.
* Self-starter and highly motivated.
* Bachelors degree in CS or 3 years of related experience.
US-001-Fremont (CA) Corporate (SNX001)
44201 Nobel Dr
44201 Nobel Dr