Server Virtualization Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Senior Server/Virtualization Engineer ( Information Systems Engineer III ) you will support the US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). You will support an IT service delivery architecture that provides critical services to 69000+ users worldwide. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Design, implement, and support VMware data center/server virtualization environments and server infrastructure.
* Provide expert-level consulting and service delivery for data center/server virtualization and server infrastructure for a worldwide Enterprise environment.
* Lead a team of system administrators responsible for supporting USSOCOMs virtual server, storage, and desktop environments.
* Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
* Demonstrated high level of proficiency with VMware vSphere Administration (ESXi 4/5/6).
* Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager, vCloud Director, vCloud Connector, vCenter Operations Manager & vRealize.
* Experience designing and implementing virtualization infrastructure to support VDI, and application delivery.
* Experience planning and implementing physical to virtual (P2V) migrations.
* Windows Server 2008-2012 R2 expertise.
* Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policies.
* Experience scripting in VB script or PowerShell.
* Experience managing large / distributed environments.
* Experience with Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Planning.
* Experience with Data Center Optimization / Centralization.
* Solid understanding of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) technologies.
* Understanding of SAN technologies (FC, FCOE, iSCSI, NFS, Determining LUN sizes/layout based on IOPS requirements).
* Experience developing technical diagrams with tools such as Microsoft Visio.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in an IT related field.
* Experience designing and implementing VMware distributed switch technology.
* Experience leading a team of IT support professionals.
* Experience supporting Special Operations Forces.
* Prior military service or support of government customers.
* ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://nciinc.contacthr.com/50675820.jpg /