Service Advisor (Req #16-354) 9/17/2016
North Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY VEGAS: SERVICE ADVISOR
REQUISITION #: 16-354. LOCATION: 4150 Donovan Way, North Las Vegas, NV 89030.
TO APPLY: VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT (www.tecequipment.com/careers) AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
TEC Equipment, the west s premier, multi-point, full-service, heavy-duty truck dealership based in Portland, OR is a growing company with over 1,160 employees in 25 locations in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, and California.
We are seeking an experienced Service Advisor for our Las Vegas, NV location. In this role, you will serve as the liaison between our customers and technicians, utilizing your strong technical background to facilitate the proper and timely repair of heavy duty trucks. We seek candidates who want to grow in their career and become an expert and leader in their role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Open, manage, and ensure efficient work flow and completion of work orders. This includes but is not limited to:
* Documenting customer vehicle problems
* Performing vehicle inspections
* Providing written cost and time estimates for labor and parts
* Contacting customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time and obtaining authorizations
* Reviewing work orders to ensure that work is completed
* Explaining completed work and all charges to customers.
* Advise customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturer s specifications.
* Recommend, sell, and schedule needed service work.
* Maintain consistent communication and provide support to customers and internal team (e.g. service foreman, service coordinator, technicians, and other departments).
* Place and manage supply orders.
* Ability to quickly create relationships with both internal and external customer
* Demonstrated job history with closing sales (if additional service is recommended)
* Knowledge of heavy-duty trucking industry terminology and ability to perform truck inspections and accurately estimate service time
* Customer service experience; ability to multitask within a busy department, performing work with a high level of attention to detail, professionalism, and customer focus
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions in English and ability to write and speak clearly in English
* Proficient with computer programs (e.g. MS Office Word and Excel, ERP and fleet management systems, etc.)
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Previous service writing/advising experience desired
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving are contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
More About TEC Equipment
Founded in 1976 by David Thompson, TEC Equipment continues to be a family-owned and operated business and is committed to hiring the best talent that share our values Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-focus. Learn more about our history and customer commitment by visiting www.tecequipment.com/about-us/our-history.
At TEC Equipment, our people are our most important asset. We offer a family-oriented environment and competitive pay with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
* Health Insurance
* Life and Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law..