Service Ambassador 8/20/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: This is a part time 24 hour a week position.
The Service Ambassador team provides coverage across seven information desks on the main campus. Candidates must be flexible with their hours, as there are rotating shifts, with holidays and weekend hours required.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 17689BR
JOB SUMMARY: Provides a high level of customer service by interacting with patients, visitors and staff in a professional manner that is proactive, friendly and helpful.
* Greets and directs patients and visitors courteously and in a way that is sensitive to their culture or linguistic orientation; responds to inquiries regarding patient, personnel, or department locations. Leads and directs way finding process; this includes facilitating the escorting of patients/visitors, transportation access via wheelchair, providing accurate directions to the campus.
* Coordinates with Interpreter Services to assist non-English speaking patients and visitors, ensures the access to accurate information and high quality services. Assists hearing-impaired patients with access to TTY (Teletype) telephones.
* Collaborates with multiple depts.; including maintenance, transportation, environmental, and Public Safety departments to ensure seamless care to patients/visitors. Provides ownership of public lobbies to insure medical center standards for cleanliness and appearance are met at all times.
* Utilizes computer systems to access, monitor, and verify patient information concerning location, condition, phone number, and nurse's station. Assists patients, visitors, and staff use the medical center paging system. Provides parking validation for patients and visitors.
* Facilitates secure and prompt dispatch of medical records, inter-departmental packages, documents, specimens, x-rays, equipment etc.
* High School diploma or GED required .
* 5-8 years related work experience required.
* Customer service experience.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Bilingual experience.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus