Service Center Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Service Center Manager is a senior level leader within the organization responsible for the overall people and customer management of our company's Route Service function for a particular geography. This role works with his/her team to ensure key goals are met in order to preserve the core of our company's work environment/culture, as well as, customer retention.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
* Ensure the Route Service Representatives at that service center maintains world-class customer satisfaction scores while ensuring the overall efficiency and profitability of the team's operations.
* Responsible for the overall profit and loss (P&L) of the service center. Creates strategies to maintain or improve key performance metrics as outlined on the Route Service scorecard.
* A key stakeholder in creating, improving and/or implementing targeted hiring, on-boarding, new hire training and performance management practices. Responsible for identifying key talent within the service center and preparing them for future opportunities within the company.
* Create a culture of safety within the service center in order to reduce vehicle accidents and personal injuries.
* Coordinate with the Sales team to achieve new sales growth goals and to retain customers.
The Service Center Manager is responsible for the following duties including, but not limited to:
* Full responsibility over the people management for one of our service centers (i.e. Route Service and Dock teams with dotted line responsibility for local Sales Representatives).
* Hold the team accountable to performance goals.
* Balance the upselling/cross-selling of existing accounts with our commitment to customer service and retention.
* Research, identify and implement best practices to ensure an efficient delivery system.
* Maintain our world class customer satisfaction scores.
* Partners with other Service Center Managers and other Service leaders to develop and implement policies and practices to ensure standard operating procedures and a consistent customer experience across our service areas.
* Partner with HR and other leaders to ensure timely and effective hiring, training and on-boarding practices for team members.
* Ensure performance issues are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner. Identify high potential talent and ensure they are being properly developed to be ready for the next opportunity.
* Proven experience as a senior leader over a business-to-business, account management/customer service function.
* Degree in business or related field or the equivalent experience in progressively challenging roles. MBA strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated agility in partnering with stakeholders at all levels.
* Passion for talent, increasing employee capability and achieving business results through people development.
* Demonstrated excellence in communication, influencing, collaboration, negotiation, presentation, and proactive organizational skills.
* Demonstrated track record of exceeding personal goals on a consistent basis and enabling his/her team to do the same.
* Demonstrated history of recommending and implementing innovative practices and solutions.
* Highly motivated self-starter with a proven record of handling multiple projects and initiatives of varying scope and delivering high quality results within defined timelines.
* Agile approach to assignments/responsibilities, able to shift focus to meet varying needs of the organization.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.