Service Center Manager 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY
Our client provides customers with high quality textile services that includes uniform and linen supplies from a variety of locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast. In addition to direct service locations, the company's committed partners enable them to deliver quality textile services to just about any location in the United States, from larger national accounts to smaller owner-operated businesses.
The Service Center Manager is a senior level leader within the organization responsible for the overall people and customer management of our company's Route Service function for a particular geography. This role works with his/her team to ensure key goals are met in order to preserve the core of our company's work environment/culture, as well as, customer retention.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
* Ensure the Route Service Representatives at that service center maintains world-class customer satisfaction scores while ensuring the overall efficiency and profitability of the team's operations.
* Responsible for the overall profit and loss (P&L) of the service center. Creates strategies to maintain or improve key performance metrics as outlined on the Route Service scorecard.
* A key stakeholder in creating, improving and/or implementing targeted hiring, on-boarding, new hire training and performance management practices. Responsible for identifying key talent within the service center and preparing them for future opportunities within the company.
* Create a culture of safety within the service center in order to reduce vehicle accident s and personal injuries.
* Coordinate with the Sales team to achieve new sales growth goals and to retain customers.
JOB DUTIES: The Service Center Manager is responsible for the following duties including, but not limited to:
* Full responsibility over the people management for one of our service centers (i.e. Route Service and Dock teams with dotted line responsibility for local Sales Representatives).
* Hold the team accountable to performance goals.
* Balance the upselling/cross-selling of existing accounts with our commitment to customer service and retention.
* Research, identify and implement best practices to ensure an efficient delivery system.
* Maintain our world class customer satisfaction scores.
* Partners with other Service Center Managers and other Service leaders to develop and implement policies and practices to ensure standard operating procedures and a consistent customer experience across our service areas.
* Partner with HR and other leaders to ensure timely and effective hiring, training and on -boarding practices for team members.
* Ensure performance issues are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner. Identify high potential talent and ensure they are being properly developed to be ready for the next opportunity.
* 5-7 years proven experience as a senior leader over a business-to-business, account management/customer service function.
* Degree in business or related field or the equivalent experience in progressively challenging roles.
* Demonstrated agility in partnering with stakeholders at all levels.
* Passion for talent, increasing employee capability and achieving business results through people development.
* Demonstrated excellence in communication, influencing, collaboration, negotiation, presentation, and proactive organizational skills.
* Demonstrated track record of exceeding personal goals on a consistent basis and enabling his/her team to do the same.
* Demonstrated history of recommending and implementing innovative practices and solutions.
* Highly motivated self-starter with a proven record of handling multiple projects and initiatives of varying scope and delivering high quality results within defined timelines.
* Agile approach to assignments/responsibilities, able to shift focus to meet varying need s of the organization.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.