Service Center Operator B
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc., one of North America's leading distributor of metals, is currently seeking Service Center Operators to join our facility in Jacksonville, FL. Position will be reporting to the Operations Manager.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
* Assemble material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Select material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Unload and receive material, weighs, counts, check sizes. Identify by color and heat or test numbers. Place into stock racks or designated areas.
* Record necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Perform tallying, stamping, and sorting as required
* Maintain safety, quality and productivity standards of each job assignment.
* Fill in for absent positions as qualified, excluding maintenance, as needed on a daily basis
* Keep areas clean and organized.
* Other duties as assigned.
* HS diploma or GED required.
* Forklift, Overhead Crane, and good computer skills are a plus.
* Experience working in a metals warehouse setting preferred.
* Must be able to accurately use measuring tools, specifically a tape measure, micrometer, and caliper.
* Must be a team player.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.