Service Center Operator C - Columbus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Ryerson Inc, one of the largest metals distributors in the US, are looking for a third shift Service Center Operators to join our warehouse in Columbus, OH. Successful candidate will work within a metal processing environment loading and unloading trucks. Sucessful candidates will also be responsible for:
Essential functions: Primary responsibility is to act in a support role for efficient warehouse operation.
* Pulling and staging feedstock for production orders
* Finished good piece finishing to meet customer expectation
* Final packaging of material per customer specification
* Staging of material for outbound shipping
* Maximum productivity during job task
* Work order confirmation on computer
* Operating an overhead crane to move material as needed
* Operating a forklift or sideloader to move material as needed
* Carrying/moving supplies as needed
* Other miscellaneous duties to support the machine operator role
* Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
* Regular attendance
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Basic math and reading skills
* Basic computer skills and/or comfort using a computer
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision, hearing and mobility
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements for mobility and lifting requirements
* HS Diploma or GED required
* Minimum one year experience in a metal processing/metal service center environment
* Basic computer skills needed
* Forklift and overhead crane experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.