Service Center Technician (20160512)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over twenty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide and Americas headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of motive power, reserve power, aerospace/defense, and specialty batteries with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or education.
Regularly repair, adjust, clean or prepare batteries for shipment. Replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment. Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms. Occasionally drives truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
* Removes and disassembles cells and inspects parts to detect defects.
* Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
* Fills cells with acid solution and determines specific gravity of solution.
* Attaches charger leads to battery posts or connector and starts charger.
* Reads meters and adjusts charge parameters to control time and flow of current through battery.
* Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries.
* Maintains truck log, if necessary, according to state and federal regulations.
* Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive pickup and delivery instructions.
* Maintains records of performance reports.
* Prepares new product for shipment.
* Loads and unloads truck.
* As business needs necessitate, travel to customer sites to evaluate, diagnose, and repair defective equipment.
* Other duties may apply.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A basic mechanical aptitude.
* Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
* Able to read and comprehend manuals, procedures, and other written documents written in English.
* Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
* Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
* Able and willing to operate a forklift.
* Must have a CDL with HAZMAT endorsement or the ability to obtain one when required by business necessity.
* Able and willing to travel to customer sites when needed.
* Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Must have hand dexterity to manipulate and handle materials.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Any lifting over 50 pounds will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
* A basic electrical understanding.
* The use of test equipment and reading schematics.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles and toxic chemicals including lead products and fiberglass products. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate and occasionally may be loud. Employees working in this position are tested periodically throughout the year for the level of lead in their blood.