Service Delivery Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
Willis North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONService Delivery Technician
Location: Chicago, IL
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson
The Service Delivery Technician is primarily responsible for Desktop IT technical support, which includes desktop/laptop hardware, associated software, mobile devices, printing solutions, network/telephony support and procurement activities.
This role, as secondary responsibilities, also includes remote access support, AV support including Video Conferencing, staff relocation moves and changes, and senior executive support.
The Service Delivery Technician maintains responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Willis Towers Watson offices, utilizing up-to-date procedures, adhering to performance metrics, resolving SDT requests and escalating key technical issues for management input and guidance as required. The Service Delivery Technician is responsible to help identify, analyze document and facilitate implementation of solutions for both short term tactical as well as longer term solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness and service quality.
* To work in partnership with customers and other IT professionals to resolve associates IT problems, queries and change requests.
* To utilize request handling and escalation policies and procedures, leveraging the Service Desk Service Now System for Desktop Support issues.
* To meet or exceed current service levels agreements to service users, including timeframes.
* To build and maintain strong relationships with business associates.
* To share information with other Service Delivery team members and, where appropriate, other IT departments, and assist each other in the resolution of problems/change requests as necessary.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair hardware issues on desktops, laptops, printing devices, mobile devices and AV equipment.
* Build and maintain good relationships with IT colleagues, especially those in the technical resolver groups.
* To help reinforce end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
* Participate in team meetings on a regular basis to communicate challenges faced, discuss key Service Delivery initiatives, and be aware of updates on the team s efficiency, effectiveness and service levels.
* Contribute to a teamwork atmosphere among colleagues.
* Be proactive in recommending changes to Service Delivery policies, procedures, technology, and training to improve effectiveness, efficiency and service quality.
* Identify, coordinate and complete Service Delivery projects assigned by Service Delivery Team Leader or Regional Service Delivery Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Good understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong personal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
* Strong documentation skills.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively priorities and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Establish good working relationship within team and other IT groups that come into daily contact with.
* Adhere and promote Willis Towers Watson Corporate and business plans.
* Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and MS Office 2003-2013 (incl. MS Outlook).
* Strong knowledge of all Willis Towers Watson supported software.
* Strong knowledge of Willis Towers Watson business applications.
* Strong knowledge of mobile devices and BES administration.
* Knowledge of Cisco IP communications.
* Pursue Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCP s).
* Knowledge of other IT department responsibilities and the ITIL structure.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* College Degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field preferred.
* Thorough experience of working in a high pressure support environment.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to effectively priorities their own workload.
* Able to liaise with business as well as technical personnel to produce solutions acceptable to all parties
* Good level of experience gained within a Desktop Services support environment.
* Working technical knowledge of the PC platform hardware, software, network and operating systems.
* Basic understanding of Willis Towers Watson business and technical environment is preferred.
* M-F Professional Dress Attire
* Position will require up to 20% travel, occasional night and/or weekend work and manual handling of office equipment.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our continued success depends greatly on our ability to fully and effectively employ qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, military status, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights or equal opportunity legislation.
We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.