Service Desk Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for SERVICE DESK ANALYST for our client in ATLANTA, GA
JOB TITLE: SERVICE DESK ANALYST
JOB LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
The Service Desk analyst will work with a team of other service desk analysts, under the general supervision of a Service Desk Team Lead and the IT Service Operations Specialist who is responsible overall for the Service Desk operations. Depending on the proficiency and level of expertise, the service desk analyst may be selected to be part of the level 2 support (within the service desk) to provide expert support to other analysts for critical issues or applications.
SCOPE OF WORK/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor telephone system and take calls from users
* Log all reported incidents, Fulfillment Requests (Service Requests) and attempt to resolve issues at 1st contact in accordance with established SLA's
* Escalate incidents to level 2 or level 3 support according to established processes and procedures
* Track and follow-up on incidents escalated to technical teams to ensure issues are resolved promptly and closed
* Remotely connect to user computers and assist with resolving issues as necessary.
* Perform proactive support activities including but not limited to:
* Installing and setting up Air Watch on mobile devices
* Ensuring that antivirus software installed on all machines and scans are completed routinely.
* Update user and asset information in database (as necessary)
* Provide support for IT projects (as needed).
* Follow established processes and procedures. Report to IT any suggestions that will improve process or make support easier or more efficient.
* Maintain exceptional customer service posture at ALL TIMES.
* Document work performed (and steps to resolve issues) at all times within ticketing system for audit or knowledgebase purposes.
* Record and submit checklists or other documentation as may be required.
* 1year (initial)
* Option to extend annually - based on performance.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* 3+ years' work experience (minimum)
* 5+ years preferred:
* HDICSR certification (or similar)
* Strong customer service skills
* Prior experience with service desk support is a MUST.
* Prior experience working as a desk side support analyst is a plus.
* A+ Certification is a plus
* Proficient in understanding of network, wireless support is a plus
* Knowledge of best practice security standards and techniques is a plus
* Microsoft Windows certification is a plus
* ITIL experience/certification is a plus
* Must have clean criminal record with the ability to pass finger-print background check
* Must be authorized to work in the Unites States.
* Creativity and strong attention to detail
* Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
* Excellent command of English language
* Oral and written communication skills
* Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
* Ability to work under pressure and stay calm/focused when working with irate customers or users
* Positive, productive team player
* Desire to learn new skills and improve
* Minimum of Associatedegree (preferred)
* 3+ years' experience in Service Desk support. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
* This work will be completed on-site. The service desk analyst would need to work in 1 of 3 shifts M, T, W, TH, F (between the hours of 7am - 6pm), except on district holidays.
The Service Desk analyst will take day-to-day direction from the Service Desk Team Lead and the IT Service Operations Specialist who has overall responsibility for the Service Desk Operations. He/she will be responsible for providing regular updates as needed and meeting the deadlines imposed by the district.